Get Known to Get Paid Lessons from the Wizard of Oz to Get 2014 Off on the Right Ruby SlipperJanuary 2, 2014 12:21 pm Article PR, Media Savvy 101
This is a repeat of a prior blog post that seems timely to welcome and inspire a prosperous and rewarding 2014. Enjoy!
The 75th Anniversary Edition of the classic film “The Wizard of Oz” brings to mind parallels from this film to the demands of getting known and getting paid for expert status.
- Never underestimate the power of a really sassy pair of shoes to boost your confidence when pitching a story or doing anything that really matters in your life.
- Thing big about what you want to accomplish, and take one joyful step at a time as you make the journey.
- It takes brains, courage, and heart to make your message stand out.
- Collaborating with a quality team can make a world of difference when making your approach.
- If you want it, you have to be willing to put up with things that get in your way, like apples, flying monkeys, witches, and sleep-inducing poppies.
- Before you make your big pitch, put your best dress on and your best face forward.
- “Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.” You have more power to make things happen in your business than you ever thought possible. You just have to look in your bag of tricks to find the right tools and resources to the get the mission accomplished. And you have to use them.
- Most of the coverage you seek that can make a powerful difference in your business can be found in your own backyard right now.
- You don’t have to fly over the rainbow to get much of what you want.
- There is no place like home. That’s where you and most of your customers live, work, and play. Start at home.
- You can make a lot of magic happen if you just click your heels together and get to work.
- Click on the images below for two powerful ways to get started today to say “Bye-Bye Boring Bio” and start along your rewarding journey to Get Known and Get Paid. And, if you would rather work ONE ON ONE with me, check out the Blast Off Package. You can save $300 when you say YES by January 7, 2014 when you apply “BlastOff300” as your coupon code.
- Happy 2014, one and all.