October 15, 2015
Media Savvy 101, PR Beyond the Backyard
Getting the word out about your expertise and latest news can be accomplished with a simple press release you prepare and then SHARE via your blog, ezine, social media, OR via the distribution service of your choice. This blog post intends to make it easy for you to create a press release for your latest news in a step by step way — quickly and with confidence.
1) Create a headline that showcases how you want to be known and something of note that readers will find newsworthy or noteworthy.
Joint Venture Coach Nancy Juetten Reveals How to Build Credible Influence Online That Pays Off
2) Create a short summary about what the news release is about. Make clear the audience to benefit most from the news. In this case, it is online business owners whose own programs are not yet done, proven, or perfected.
Long before creating a large and loyal list of newsletter subscribers, Joint Venture Coach Nancy Juetten listened carefully to the needs of her clients and made quality recommendations to solve their problems. In today’s online marketplace, the power of credible championship of other people’s programs pays off with a 5-figure revenue stream year after year, separate from income that flows from her own popular and proven Get Known to Get Paid training and private mentoring programs. Juetten’s success tips and mistakes to avoid serve online business owners blazing a similar trail who need to create a reliable bridge to revenue until their own products or programs are done, proven or perfected.
3) Write the news release.
Success Tips: Make sure the story has some human interest that relates to a trend or other angle that is timely, useful and relevant. Include a quote from the expert to add perspective and personality. The news release should include information from which readers can learn something or benefit without having to make a purchase. Write the press release in the third person in a factual, journalistic style.
During the depths of The Great Recession of 2008, Nancy Juetten’s boutique publicity agency fell on hard times. She was among the many business owners who experienced a steep drop in revenues during tough economic times. Her business teetered on the brink of failure.
“One day, during my daily march to the mailbox to retrieve bills that I needed to find a way to pay, I received a check for $2000. It turned out to be a commission for a mastermind that someone in my community decided to buy at my recommendation,” Juetten explained. “That accidental check in the mailbox set me on a path to learn how to recommend quality products to serve the needs of others in my community for good and profit.”
Today, Juetten makes a practice of reaching out to the leaders of large tribes in the online coaching niche to explore how she can support their success through the power of her credible recommendations. In doing so, she has created a 5-figure revenue stream year after year, separate from income that flows from her own popular and proven Get Known to Get Paid training and private mentoring programs. Juetten guides online entrepreneurs to create the same result with her JV VIP Day and other offerings.
Juetten says that among the biggest mistakes to avoid are arranging bad marriages from the start, fishing in waters of really big fish without being ready, and being too self-focused such that a potential partner cannot see the value of starting a relationship in the first place.
Among the most useful lessons she has learned along the way are:
- Support others whose values and services are a good match without compromise.
- Serve fans and followers well by bringing products that are already proven to deliver the desired result to their attention.
- See the value in every relationship to lift others up along the climb to success.
- Build influence through authenticity and integrity.
4. Be clear about the call to action.
Learn more by downloading her ‘Avoid JV Mistakes Toolkit’ today or tuning in to the replay of a YouTube interview about building credible influence with heart and smarts without being a shark.
5) Finish with a “boilerplate” paragraph that offers brief background about the person being showcased in the news release.
About Joint Venture Coach Nancy Juetten:
Nancy Juetten is the Get Known to Get Paid Mentor and Joint Venture Coach who got introduced to joint venture partnerships in 2008. Today some of the biggest names in internet marketing and business coaching – Christian Mickelsen, Christine Kloser, Milana Leshinsky, and Rich German — call her by name, sing her praises, and proudly advocate for her products, programs, and services to their tribes as she returns the same or something better for them. This single strategy has added more star power to her brand and reputation and accelerated her impact, influence, and income than any other.
6) Include images with your news release to add visual interest.
7) Include contact information to make it easy for reporters and others of influence to get in touch for interviews, speaking invitations, or other opportunities.
Nancy Juetten, 425-641-5214 (PST), firstname.lastname@example.org
Simple distribution ideas to reach your own loyal fans, followers, and champions include posting your news to your blog, showcasing it in ezine, or sharing across social media. You can also use PR Newswire or prREACH to share your news with audience BEYOND those you already know. This is highly recommended.
So, there you have it — 7 steps to create a press release about your expertise and your news.
Why not create one of your own and see how far the news travels and what opportunities it helps serve up to make more of your own best impact in the marketplace?
Ready. Set. Go!
May 24, 2015
PR Beyond the Backyard, PR in Action, product publicity
Clients ask me time and time again what actually happens with their visibility, credibility, and profitability when they issue press releases. Many good things often happen, and here is a partial list of what can and often does happen for those who are serious about getting known through the power of good press in the traditional or online media.
Even if it has been a long time since you actually held a real newspaper in your hands, do not underestimate the value of having your expertise showcased online. It makes it easier for your ideal prospective clients to find you and decide at first glance that you truly are the right expert to engage to solve their urgent problems.
Note: All Images are Clickable to Make It Easy to Read or Watch the Press Releases.
- Clients who feel invisible to their ideal clients appreciate the visibility and credibility they welcome when their expertise is more easily found in a Google or other internet search engine investigation. The transformation from invisible to visible feels really empowering to experts who for one reason or another have been hiding out in obscurity for way too long.
- Sometimes, one media placement invites others to fan the flames of visibility to create a firestorm of interest in the expert being featured. For example, remember when the PBS series “Downton Abbey” was at the height of popularity? My husband — Bellevue, WA Certified Financial Planner Professional Steve Juetten — and I crafted a press release about the financial lessons inspired from the halls of Downton Abbey. That press release opened the door for follow up media placements on the PBS blog, Forbes.com, BankRate.com, and many other prestigious media outlets. This effort resulted in excellent and prestigious visibility and it also delivered 300 new opt in subscribers who were interested in the Smart Money Rules gift booklet he was offering at that time in exchange for their name and email address. Steve says a number of those new opt in subscribers subsequently decided to invest in his personal financial planning and investment management services.
- When using prREACH – a video news release service that is part of a Press Release Pizzazz done-for-you service I offer, placement reports demonstrate that 370 or more outlets run the news as presented. That is a lot of potential “eye balls” of potential clients who can make the wise choice to take the call to action noted within each release to learn more.
- Often experts will welcome speaking gigs and invitations to contribute commentary to podcasts, teleseminars, and other high profile opportunities to share their expertise with more of their ideal clients. For example, Sara Harvey Yao — an expert on executive leadership and presence — took advantage of the epic win of the Seattle Seahawks in a championship game to bring her expertise to the top of the search engines fast. When she shared the media coverage that resulted from this effort with her most important client, she was booked for two paid speaking engagements almost immediately.
- New Author Dr. Susan O’Malley was excited to share her new book with the world, yet her own author platform had not yet grown to a size where an email to her list would make a lot of noise. She took the opportunity to debut her book about working hard for success around the St. Patrick’s Day holiday to make her point that success is not to be left to chance. The visibility came at the perfect time to draw attention to a book signing event in her home town of Connecticut. And the “cool quotient” associated with the video news release also made it easy and fast to share the good news across social media.
- The World’s Leading Relationship with Money Coach Morgana Rae reached out to get press for her expertise. One of the most amusing results of that effort was that Siri — the voice of the i-phone — returns her website as the result when you ask “Who is the world’s leading relationship with money coach?” It’s hard to quantify the value of that, but when it is you who is showcased by Siri, you’ll immediately feel the impact.
- Christine Kloser has seen fit to use press releases to promote the Transformational Author Experience. Here is the release from the 2013 event. The media placements earned as a direct result of this are now proudly posted to the home page for the 5th annual event.
- Media logos from placements can be showcased visually as demonstrated by this image of yours truly. As a Facebook profile image, this clearly sets my profile apart in a credible way that reinforces my “media savvy” expertise.
- Clearly, my husband of 28 years Steve is my longest standing client. I am a huge champion for his success.
- In his business, the use of testimonials and the sharing of commissions is not allowed by the Certified Financial Planner code of ethics. His is running a business that is based squarely on trust, and building his credibility in a clean and ethical manner has always been a high priority.
- Since potential clients will search for someone with his expertise using key words such as “Bellevue, WA Fee-Only Financial Planner” or “Certified Financial Planner Professional, Bellevue, WA,” Steve has made a point of emphasizing those words on the “home page” of his website and on blog posts he writes. And, he also knows clients serious about engaging his expertise will often do an internet search of his first and last name to learn more about him.
- Since he has been issuing press releases and commenting to the media about financial planning topics for years, the credibility around his expertise is very solid. One article that ran in the Seattle Times years ago still comes up quickly in an internet search for Steve’s name because he is quoted by offering stellar advice. Time and time again, clients say, “I read your comments in the Seattle Times article, and that helped me know that you were the adviser I wanted to meet with.”
- Once Steve meets with the clients, his listening skills and gifts at enrolling clients to his services take center stage.
- In the internet marketing world, some experts elect to use press releases to reach potential clients who have not yet become part of their email subscriber communities. While this does not contribute significantly to a huge wave of new opt in subscribers in my experience, it DOES contribute a “cool quotient” and additional credibility around their expertise. For experts who have achieved a measure of meaningful success, the recognition associated with being seen in this way is hard to calculate and meaningful at a very personal level. The email notes of appreciation I have received time and time again reinforce how very true this is. While some people say business is business, experts who have worked long and hard for their success consider GETTING PRESS very personal.
- Some clients are reluctant to take center stage for whatever reason and don’t want to put themselves on video. The advantage of a video news release is that the expert’s perspectives and call to action can be highlighted, while an attractive news reader delivers the information.
- People learn in different ways. Video engages people with sight and sound, enhancing the likelihood that the message will be received and ignite some action. Video is highly relevant in today’s video crazed, “let me watch it on my i-phone” culture.
These are just the tip-of-the-iceberg results that can unfold when experts, authors, consultants, and speakers make an ongoing use of press releases — video or traditional — to build buzz about their expertise and invite visibility, credibility, and — of course — profitability.
I’ll be speaking more about press releases and the potholes to avoid during an interview Tuesday, May 26 at 10 a.m. Pacific. Join me and Christine Kloser of the 2015 Transformational Author Experience to listen in and benefit. The replay will be made available for 24 hours without fee.
March 13, 2014
Joint Ventures, PR Beyond the Backyard
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
LAGUNA BEACH, CA, March 13, 2014 /– Client attraction, list building, and joint ventures are high priorities for coaches and consultants around the world who are serious about growing their businesses now. Figuring out the specific how-to details to create those results fast is a source of serious frustration for many. That is why Milana Leshinsky and Rich German, co-founders of JV Insider Circle, LLC, have released a revealing new report to bring in the relief, the education, and the support for a limited time only – March 13 – March 28, 2014.
Breaking the JV Code: Top 12 Reasons Joint Venture Partners Will NEVER Promote You! explains the specific, road-tested lessons that coaches, consultants, and experts can apply to unlock this influential strategy to their expert and bottom line advantage, starting now. Within this ebook, Leshinsky and German define and explain what not to do and the right ways to proceed to initiate and nurture lasting and rewarding strategic partnerships.
“The truth is there are 12 major mistakes new joint venture partners make that lead to potential disappointment or disaster,” Leshinsky explains.
1. Making a pitch without creating a relationship first
2. Suggesting irrelevant offers that aren’t a good fit
3. Offering a generic program that fails to solve a specific problem
4. Failing to put the partner’s needs front and center
5. Not putting enough juice in the reward package
6. Failing to establish trust
7. Forgetting to ask for reciprocation
8. Winging it instead of being ready with quality communications and support at every turn
9. Extending confusing offers that fail to inspire action
10. Talking too much, writing too much, and not getting to the meat of the matter fast
11. Boring a potential partner with an invitation that is blah-blah-blah and boilerplate instead of compelling, controversial and epic.
12. Showing up with unprofessional, unremarkable marketing materials that scream “So what?” instead of “Wow.”
Leshinsky and German run million-dollar coaching and information business empires from home offices on the East and West Coast. They credit joint ventures as their leading strategy and are now sharing their best lessons for success with the world.
“Our new ebook elaborates about each of these points so we can guide action takers around the world to earn joint venture success right out of the gate,” Leshinsky explains. We share what we’ve learned from the trenches as top performing joint venture partners for luminaries including Robert Allen, Loral Langemeier, Bob Proctor, Alex Mandossian, Mary Morrissey, Christian Mickelsen, Lisa Sasevich, Kendall SumerHawk, Callan Rush, and others.
Wealth Through Workshops Founder Callan Rush says this report is eye opening, educational, and empowering. She says, “We’re constantly reminding our clients to focus on these types of profitable relationships… Breaking the JV Code will empower thousands of business owners around the world, starting right now.”
About JV Insider Circle Co-founders Milana Leshinsky and Rich German
Milana Leshinsky operates a million-dollar coaching and information business empire. As the creator of Recurring Revenue Revolution and the author of “Coaching Millions,” Milana has been called the MEGA Coach of the coaching industry. Today she works with entrepreneurs and service professionals to help them uncover hidden profit centers, maximize their existing revenue streams, and create businesses that support their lifestyle. She came from Soviet Ukraine 20 years ago as a classical musician with zero knowledge of the business world, reached six figures within three years, and runs her million-dollar business from home, while raising two children.
Since 1999, Rich German has conducted over 18,000 1-on-1 coaching calls. He started his own company in 2008 and has taken the world of coaching coaches by storm. He has written two best-selling books and founded the Epic Coach Academy. He has built a list of over 56,000 people using the exact joint venture techniques that are taught in the JV Insider Circle. He is also the founder of the Gen Why Project that supports the 1.6 million homeless children in the US. Rich works from his home and on the sand in Laguna Beach, California.
Leshinsky and German welcome speaking engagements, interview requests, and free downloads of their new report, Breaking the JV Code.
August 31, 2013
Media Savvy 101, PR Beyond the Backyard
It’s thrilling to see your own name and expertise showcased in a highly credible way. That was my experience this week. I wrote a press release that was timely, newsworthy, relevant and of service to my ideal audience. With the support of Dan Janal’s Press Release Sender service, the information crossed PR Newswire. And below is among the most powerful media results among the 225 that flowed within 48 hours, putting my expertise front and center.
If you want for yourself what I am having, I’d be happy to be of service.
Engage me for Press Release Pizzazz.
September 16, 2011
Event Promotion, PR Beyond the Backyard
During this call, you will hear from two business owners who were “newbies” to publicity just two months ago who have since taken bold action to earn decisive, stunning results in the media. You’ll learn the nitty-gritty details about how they did it and the lessons they applied to be so effective so fast. I’ll share some useful tips to guide you to make a pitch the media can’t resist so you can have what these “newbies” are having as soon as possible. And you’ll learn more about the Broadcast Your Brilliance Webinar Series starting up again on October 5, what sets it apart from other virtual workshops, and why it might be the ideal training to guide you to get seen, heard, celebrated and compensated for your expert status. It’s going to be time well spent, one and all. Here is the link to register so you can get the call in instructions.
It’s always best to tune in live because you never know what special treats might be shared that are valid just for those who show up LIVE. And, yes, the call recording will be posted within 24 hours.
By the way, I don’t just talk about preparing and sharing stories to stand out in the media, I practice what I preach. Did you see the press release I sent that landed on scores of major news media sites this week, including CNBC? Check out the story that offer tips to create your own economic recovery — especially if you are a solopreneur or independent business consultant.
September 12, 2011
PR Beyond the Backyard
Today I received an email about media placement success that is so exciting that I just have to share it. It came from Elizabeth Venturini. She writes, ” I just received a phone call from PRWEB. This is the news agency that I used to send out the release about the Mona Lisa Code. The guy that spoke with me said he was red flagged by his manager that our release generated 191,000 placements! He said it is trending very high on Yahoo news right now. He said PRWEB has NEVER I repeat NEVER received this many placements on a single release. The guy asked me, “Tell me again who are you? And what does your husband do?” He was stunned that we made the number one news agency in Italy.”
Elizabeth learned her media relations lessons well as one of the students enrolled in the group webinar series that is gearing up to start again on October 5. Before enrolling in this course, Elizabeth didn’t know how to write a press release, write a story pitch, or respond to a reporter query. She hesitated to invest the $497 to enroll, but she took the plunge to see what she could learn and apply to her benefit. Now she is very glad that she did because the media placement results around the world have put her husband’s expertise on the map in a big way.
Bottom Line: Elizabeth jumped in to learn her lessons well, and the media results have been beyond her wildest expectations and those of the top brass at PRWeb. Today she told me a query she made has resulted in an invitation for her husband Scott Lund to appear on a radio show — www.mancow.com — that is ranked the number 4 top radio program in the country, averaging eleven to twelve million listeners daily, and heard in over 200 plus markets. Segments of the show are often replayed on fox news; cable’s number one news channel. The interview is slated for Wed. September 14, 2011.
Below is an example of how she made her approach. If you want to learn these lessons to your own benefit, enroll in the Broadcast Your Brilliance Webinar Series by 9-23-11. The course packs a punch for empowering your success in preparing and sharing your story, and the results Elizabeth has shared are powerful proof. Read the rest…
July 25, 2011
PR Beyond the Backyard
In today’s internet age, there is a great deal of buzz about list building. The bigger your list, the greater your wealth. That is why you hear about so many courses to help you learn how to build yours.
Experts say — and I agree — that you should offer a free gift in exchange for joining your ezine in the first place. You can write articles for online article directories that invite readers to opt-in to your list. You can create auto-responders that invite new followers on Twitter to join your list. You can host teleseminars and webinars that require listeners to opt-in to benefit. You can stage a contest next time you speak live and collect business cards by permission to enter to win (and join your list.) You can create networking business cards thatq entice new people you meet to visit your site, enjoy your free gift, and benefit from your ezine. And, you can joint venture with like-minded partners who have established communities of people who can benefit from your subject matter expertise. All of these approaches work to grow your list. All of them are among the strategies I employ. My list size has doubled since January, so the results are measurable and clear.
However, if you are early on in your business and don’t yet have a big list, it can be slow going to attract joint venture partners. The big players with the big lists are likely going to be reluctant to invite you to play with them because you haven’t yet earned the influence to make an impact that they can feel in their online shopping carts.
So, with all that said, what is a business owner to do when the desire is to attract lots of interest when your own list is still small?
One idea is to issue a press release over a wire service to enjoy widespread distribution of your news. This press release should offer information that is timely, newsworthy, relevant, interesting, and remarkable as opposed to a “buy this service or product now” kind of message. If, for example, your company has something to offer that is timely for the “back to school” theme, tell that story, offer tips and information to inform the reader, and offer a way for the reader to learn even more — by opting into your ezine list to benefit from your free gift that offers a check list of everything you need to be ready for back to school with ease.
And, if you were to create a schedule of compelling news releases — perhaps once a month — to share your unfolding news with the world, readers would have additional reasons to visit your website or blog, opt-in to benefit from your ezine, and get even more familiar with the products and services you offer. Once people join your list, you can send them a series of auto-responder messages that generously share tips and resources to guide them to enjoy success with your company as a trusted resource. In short order, many of these new subscribers just might make the wise decision to become your paying clients or customers.
Does it cost a few bucks to send a press release over the wire? Yes. But look at it this way. The lifetime value of one perfect client is more than enough to achieve return on that modest investment.
I have had excellent success inviting media interviews and new ezine opt-ins by sending press releases over the wire. That is why I can make this recommendation to you with confidence. This service does a great job for me. Check it out to share your news, grow your list, and invite more perfect readers to get excited about what you have brewing.
March 17, 2011
PR Beyond the Backyard
In the world of publicity, timing is everything. That is why March 17 was the day to announce a new personal budgeting application for iPad to the world. You’d have to be living under a rock not to know that the iPad 2 is the shiny bright object of the moment, and that opened the door for my client Dennis Williams to “piggypack” on that news to bring his own new release into the spotlight.
With a little help from Dan Janal’s Guaranteed Press Release distribution service, Dennis’ news about CashMap is showing up at CNBC.com and Consumer Electronics Daily, among scores and scores of additional and relevant media outlets. You can even take this new personal budgeting application for a spin for free. For those for whom green is in short supply, this is cause for celebration. Read the press release for all the details.
March 9, 2011
Event Promotion, PR Beyond the Backyard
So happy today that Marketing Sherpa published a case study of the results that flowed from the recent cause-related event to benefit Rise N Shine. The case study reveals the nitty-gritty “how to” details behind how we made the 2nd Annual Publici-Tea™ and Book Publishing Summit a success. Any business owner who wants to fill seats, deliver value on event day, and leverage the effort after the fact to invite more opportunities to be of service can learn how we did it by reading this story. Special thanks to all my event partners and co-collaborators for making this event a success. They are all proudly recognized on this page. It takes a village. Thank you all for being in mine. And, if you have a comment to share about how your business is better now since you attended the event, I’d love to hear from you!
October 26, 2010
PR Beyond the Backyard
Today a favorable review and useful tips from Bye-Bye Boring Bio debuts to reach English speaking people in Japan.
How did this come about, you may be wondering. My short explanation is that one good thing often leads to another.
A few weeks ago, Dan Janal — founder of PR Leads — hosted me for a teleseminar during which I shared how to transform boring bios from wallpaper to wow to attract clients now. About 200 people from all over the USA and beyond tuned in to enjoy the call, including William Reed. (You can listen in to the interview by visiting this link.)
William Reed is a blogger and newspaper columnist based in Japan who writes for the Daily YOMIURI Newspaper, Japan’s largest English daily paper. He also writes blog called Entrepreneurs Creative Edge. You can check out everything William Reed has brewing by visiting his site. He tells me that combined readership of his site, blog and the newspaper is about 80,000 people.
William liked the tips and examples I shared during the teleseminar, purchased his own copy of Bye-Bye Boring Bio, and crafted a new bio to serve his interests in attracting clients and more. The lessons he learned during the process inspired him to write a column about the importance of a good bio. He also posted a five-star review about Bye-Bye Boring Bio to Amazon.
What is the big lesson here? One is that you never know how far and wide your message will carry or who will be in the audience when you speak to share your message. Put your best message forward with every audience you address because influential people are likely listening who have the power to take your message far and beyond.
Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined that Bye-Bye Boring Bio would find an audience in Japan. Today, it has.
Thanks Dan Janal for the opportunity to share my message with your community.
Thanks William Reed for being in the audience to hear the message and for sharing it with so many more people who can benefit.
Can’t wait to see what happens next!
« Previous Entries