Today’s ezine is packed with powerful lessons around the beauty and impact of the bundle. Read all the juicy details here. Get your power bundle ready for the New Year, and watch your business take flight in welcome ways.
What Do “Chicken Run” “Green Eggs and Ham” and “The Wizard of Oz” Have to Do with Information Product Success?December 7, 2012 Information Product Success No Comments
Here is an article I wrote with some of my most powerful lessons learned along my information product journey. I hope you enjoy it.
The Girlfriend’s Guide to Making a Living with Information Products: Real Life Versus the Fairy Tale
1) When the star chicken in “Chicken Run” had a feeling that life could be better beyond the chicken coop, he was right. But there are always naysayers. You have to believe in the journey you wish to travel and keep moving ahead, even in the face of doubt. It’s not easy to blaze a new trail. My CPA looked at me sideways when I said I wanted to walk away from fee-for-service public relations consulting to launch an information products and training business. I knew it would take time to make the transition, and I remained undaunted. I am glad I made the journey because I how have better control over my own destiny and my income potential than before. I have more control over my time and my life. I enjoy my work more. It’s been a good decision for me.
2) Take a lesson from “Green Eggs and Ham” and taste a lot of options to find the perfect success recipe. Your first information product may not be the key to riches. You have to keep revising the recipe to create tools that ideal clients truly need and are willing to spend money to enjoy. I created a family of do-it-yourself information products over a period of three years before creating Bye-Bye Boring Bio. This has become the best-selling item at my online store to date and is the foundation for a suite of products and services that earn raves from clients in my own backyard and well beyond. Read the rest…
Been Dreaming about Creating Your First Information Product? Join Me and Tom Buford Aug. 1 at 10 a.m. PacificJuly 29, 2012 Information Product Success No Comments
This is my friend Tom Buford. I’ll be interviewing him this Wednesday, August 1 about how to create your information product in a weekend.
This is one of those not to miss calls, especially if creating info products is high on YOUR priority list:
Register at this link and plan to join us live Wed, August 1 at 10 a.m. Pacific.
I’ll be there. How about you?
(And yes, the call will be recorded so you can enjoy the replay. You must register to gain access, so don’t delay.)
Yesterday I gave a no holds barred presentation at the Ladies Who Launch Global Conference in Seattle. My topic? The Girlfriend’s Guide to Making a Living with Information Products: Real Life Versus the Fairy Tale. There was plenty of authentic sharing during the talk, and you could hear the laughter a few doors down!
If you’d like to listen in, click on this link to enjoy the audio file: Ladies Who Launch. If you would rather read the highlights, here are some of my observations along my journey so far — with inspiration from some of my favorite movies and books enjoyed with my son Kyle, who is now 13 years old.
1) When the star chicken in “Chicken Run” had a feeling that life could be better beyond the chicken coup, he was right. But there are always naysayers. You have to believe in the journey you wish to travel and keep moving ahead, even in the face of doubt. It’s not easy to blaze a new trail. My CPA looked at me sideways when I said I wanted to walk away from fee-for-service public relations consulting to launch an information products and training business. I knew it would take time to make the transition, and I remained undaunted. I am glad I made the journey because I how have better control over my own destiny and my income potential than before. I have more control over my time and my life. I enjoy my work more. It’s been a good decision for me.
2) Take a lesson from “Green Eggs and Ham” and taste a lot of options to find the perfect success recipe. Your first information product may not be the key to riches. You have to keep revising the recipe to create tools that ideal clients truly need and are willing to spend money to enjoy. I created a family of do-it-yourself information products over a period of three years before creating Bye-Bye Boring Bio. This has become the best-selling item at my DIY Publicity Store and is the foundation for a suite of products and services that earn raves from clients in my own backyard and well beyond.
3) “The Tortoise and the Hare” fable is a good metaphor for what it takes to win the race. Slow and steady progress toward the end goal really is effective as opposed to getting distracted with shiny bright object disease. It may not be the glamorous path, but it is the path that has worked for me. While others may have dabbled with their information products, I’ve been steadfast and consistent. That makes a difference.
4) Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you are going to get. These sage words of advice were spoken to Forrest Gump by his momma in “Forrest Gump.” You make a post on a popular social networking site one day, and nothing happens. The next day, someone influential responds and opens up a whole new world of opportunity, including introductions to influential internet gurus who now become your colleagues, friends, and co-collaborators. It’s important to walk through these doors of opportunity when they strike because wonderful things often flow.
5) Just like Dorothy in “The Wizard of Oz,” it is an odd feeling to realize that you are not in Kansas anymore and are along a yellow brick road to a destination that is all too unfamiliar. Dorothy had to learn how to avoid hazardous poppies, flying monkeys, and angry apples along her journey and remain resilient in her quest to reach the wonderful world of Oz. Along my own journey, this former writer/journalist has had to learn a host of new skills and abilities that had prior been completely foreign.
– How to speak in public with confidence
– How to use a digital audio recorder and convert WAV files to MP3 files
– How to use WordPress to blog
– How to set up and use Skype
– How to set up autoresponders
– How to set up and host teleseminars
– How to write sales copy that earns consistent sales
– How to set up a squeeze page
– How to set up and produce YouTube videos
– How to set up an affiliate program
– How to write Tweets to make it easy for affliates to advocate for featured products
– How to set up a Facebook Fan page
– How to launch, sustain, and grow my ezine and the list that grows with it
– How to set up a merchant account and choose an online shopping cart
– How to interview on the radio and create action by listeners
– The list goes on and on.
There is something new to learn every day. It is humbling. It is never-ending. And it is at times exhausting. Tomorrow, I’ll share among the most humbling lessons I’ve learned so far. Stay tuned.
And, just curious, is this a topic you would like to learn more about? Let me know!
Special thanks to Linda Snyder of Ladies Who Launch, who encouraged me to share my journey with the guests at this global conference. She has put together two amazing days of keynotes and breakout sessions to inspire us to live, launch, and live our dreams. I am heading out the door right now to enjoy the bounty of great content that awaits. Can’t wait!
If you missed last night’s content-rich audio content sharing by Small Business Marketing Coach James Roche, here are among the message highlights he shared.
James spoke about the big elephant in the room that stands between business owners and the results they most want. He emphasizes that it is not necessarily about acquiring more tools. It is about having the right recipe or roadmap to success. That means following four essential and simple steps that are part of what he refers to as the Entrepreneur’s Path:
- Get direction – build on a solid strategy.
- Get clients – build roots so the business can grow.
- Get online visibility and expand – build referral systems and network with centers of influence.
- Get leverage – grow your offerings.
He shares a compelling metaphor that he calls the “flat tire metaphor.” That means figuring out what your ideal client truly wants, figuring out the problem that prevents clients from getting what she wants, and offering a solution for which clients are compelled to spend money to solve. James has such a clear way of making his points and getting people to think differently about their businesses. In fact, Diane Bridgwater of SpeakerPublisher posted this comment to Facebook immediately after the call:
“Totally having a Aha moment on Nancy Juetten‘s telecall! Thanks James Roche for a great call and thanks Nancy for having him. Totally inspired and brought clarity to what I have been thinking about.
Here is the link to the audio interview so you can listen in and benefit. Enjoy!
Lots of people are interested in the 10-12 teleclass with Small Business Coach James Roche. If you have not yet registered, here is the link to make that easy. And, questions are coming my way about how specifically James has helped me grow my business. Since the call on 10-12 has a pretty set agenda packed with content that you’ll love, I am going to share some of those benefits here at the blog. If you have more questions, bring them on!
A Facebook friend asked me the #1 and #2 things James Roche has helped me accomplish this year in my business.
Gosh, just #1 or #2 when there have been so many benefits. Well, let me say this about that.
The #1 thing James helped me do was set up a strategic marketing funnel that would guide my clients to engage and then move up the food chain to engage more deeply. Getting them to engage in a product that they were actually ready to pay money for was the big “aha.” The Bye-Bye Boring Bio program I created a little over one year ago solved a very specific problem that solopreneurs everywhere were eager to solve and pay money to address. This is a simple, yet very important idea.
With James’ input, I created a family of offerings that built on this tool, including a more comprehensive DIY publicity success system that now features attractive and branded packaging, a Bye-Bye Boring Bio Action Workshop to enable me to leverage my expertise over larger groups, the creation of the Extreme Bio Makeover service through which I write bios for clients who don’t or can’t do it themselves. I also added Build YOUR Buzz strategy sessions for clients who want to go even deeper in their work with me to both prepare and share their stories.
And, of course, there were all kinds of nitty-gritty improvements James helped me make, like upgrading the copy and appearance of my sales pages, finally setting up effective autoresponders, and finally gaining the courage to host my own teleseminars. He was able to answer my basic how-to questions and the more advanced kinds of issues that were on my mind.
Because James has been down this road for a long while, I could trust his track record and advice. James’ commitment to adding value with every call was apparent.
One of my biggest issues was getting control over my time and my life. Fee for service PR can be tough. News happens when it happens, and that can create chaos for family life and balance. I noticed that James scheduled his strategy sessions on a specific day of the week. What a concept!
Now, I hold Extreme Bio Makeover and Build Your Buzz Strategy Session appointments on Tuesdays and Thursdays and can work in the other activities that sustain my business on the other days. This is a huge lifestyle improvement for me and my family that is priceless beyond measure.
I could go on and on about why working with James has been among my best ever business decisions. I recommend him without hesitation.
And, if you want to hear the straight skinny about my “real life” journey to make a living with information products, make sure you register for the Ladies Who Launch Global Conference, taking place in Seattle. Here is the write up about my talk:
The Girlfriend’s Guide to Making a Living
with Information Products – Real Life Versus the Fairy Tale
Heard enough about 6 and 7-figure information product launches and want the straight skinny from the trenches of local infopreneur, storyteller, and Bye-Bye Boring Bio creator Nancy Juetten? Don’t miss this take-the-gloves-off session during which Nancy will share her real life experience over four years versus the fairy tale we so often read about. This is a must-attend session if you are trying to decide if information product marketing is the right path to prosperity and service for you and your business. You can register for this amazing, two-day event that offers a host of world-class speakers who will rock your world by visiting this link.
Don’t Miss These Upcoming Events, Starting with My 10-12-10 Interview with Small Business Marketing Coach James RocheOctober 3, 2010 Information Product Success 1 Comment
In January of this year, I decided to stop going it alone and hire a coach to help me take my information products business to the next level of success. After studying my choices and doing my due diligence, I asked Small Business Marketing Coach James Roche to take me on as a new client. He agreed, and this first nine months of 2010 have marked a stunning transformation in my business.
Today, I have a very clear strategy that I am following to serve my ideal clients in the ways through which I can add the most value. I have better control over my time, my life, and my income potential. And I am feeling more optimistic about my business than ever. I give James Roche plenty of credit for showing me a better way to build and grow my business that is most definitely showing up in my balance sheet. Yes, I’ve done plenty of work to make it all happen. The clarity of strategy James helped me gain — along with his step-by-step guidance in the areas where I needed the most help — have cleared a path to growth and wonderful new doors to opportunity in my business.
So many of us want to get seen, heard, celebrated and COMPENSATED for our expert status. The key for each of us is to know when it is the right time to bring in the reinforcements to get there faster. I was tired of going it alone. I had applied all the free information I could find to build my business from struggling start-up to going concern status. In January of this year, I knew it was time to step up to the plate and do something more to take my business to a new level. I invested in coaching sessions with James Roche, and my investment has been returned to me ten-fold at least.
That is why I am thrilled that James has agreed to share his powerful message with you on October 12 at 5 p.m. Pacific Time via teleclass. You don’t want to miss this introduction to the “secret weapon” that has been deployed in my business this year to take my business to new heights. If you’ve ever struggled with gaining clarity over your business strategy and determining the best next steps to take to welcome stronger prosperity in your business, this complimentary and content-rich call is for you. I’d love for you to join in and invite your friends.
And, as you are signing up for this event, be sure to check out all the other events I have planned to round out 2010. I’d be thrilled to have you participate with me.
October 12, 2010 – Don’t Miss This!
Nancy interviews Small Business Marketing Coach James Roche about the Entrepreneur’s Path. Register for this content-rich teleseminar at this link.
October 15, 2010
Nancy leads the Bye-Bye Boring Bio Action Workshop at her Bellevue, WA view home. Seven spots are still open. Claim one of them as yours today.
October 20, 2010
Boo! Scare Away Bad Bios and Create New Ones that Attract More of the Right Opportunities Now. A free workshop for members of Biznik and their guests. You can learn more and RSVP at this link.
November 2-4, 2010
Nancy attends Ali Brown’s SHINE – Live Your True Wealth event in Las Vegas, Nevada! Join her there. Learn more and register at this link.
November 4, 2010
Nancy teaches students of “Be the Media” how to transform their boring bios from wallpaper to wow to attract clients now. Register to benefit from the amazing curriculum by visiting this link.
November 8-9, 2010 – Dream It, Launch It, Live It!
Nancy is among the speakers at the Seattle Global Conference for Ladies Who Launch. Learn more and register at this link.
November 12, 2010
Nancy leads the Bye-Bye Boring Bio Action Workshop at her Bellevue, WA view home.
December 2 – 4, 2010
Nancy attends Nancy Marmolejo’s “I Heart My Biz” Workshop in Anaheim as a proud sponsor. Learn more and sign up for early bird alerts and registration details at this link.
Enjoy RainToday.com Case Study I Mentioned Yesterday, Plus Some Public Call Outs to People You Should KnowFebruary 11, 2010 Article PR, Information Product Success No Comments
Yesterday, I blogged about the great story RainToday.com shared about my company’s reinvention during a demanding economy. Now you can read the entire RainToday.com feature when you click on this link. Enjoy!
Let me call out some of the fabulous and generous people who have played a key role in helping me navigate these last nine years in particular:
- Publicity Hound Joan Stewart – She advocated for the publicity tips booklets I brought to market in July of 2006 to her list, and that really helped put me on the map. Thanks Joan.
- Tips Booklet Queen Paulette Ensign – She taught me everything I know about tips booklets, and she can do the same for you.
- Michele Lisenbury Christensen of Working with Power LLC, who came up with the Publici-Tea™ name in the first place!
- Presentation Skills Coach Patricia Fripp – Kiplingers Personal Finance has described her speaking school as among the top six best investments you can make in your career. I agree.
- Branding Expert and Founder of Get Known Know Suzanne Falter-Barns – Suzanne coached the “Get seen, heard, and celebrated in your own backyard … and beyond” message out of me on Christmas Day 2007. What a gift!
- Info Product Guru Fred Gleeck- He gave me plenty of straight talk in the beginning about what was missing from my website, product packaging, and product elements. His “tell it like it is” approach isn’t for the faint of heart, but his advice has proven to be right on the money.
- Info Product Guy James Roche – James is showing me how to be more strategic and focused in my efforts to serve my people and grow the success I enjoy from the information products and training elements of my business.
- New Client Marketing Institute Founder Henry DeVries – Henry was the very first coach I engaged to take my growing business to the next level of success. The lessons he taught me have served me well, and they will serve you well, too.
- David Wiseman, my patient and amazing webmaster – No information products business can work without someone like David.
- My loving husband Steve Juetten – Steve, thanks for being in my village, serving as my cheerleader, and doing everything you do in my life and work. You are a treasure. And I repeat with credit to Julie Powell of “Julie and Julia” fame — “You are the butter to my bread and the breath to my life.”
Those of you who are interested in traveling your own journey of reinvention are well served to engage any and all of these fine professionals and resources, all of which have served as powerful contributors along my evolving journey to business success.
I am in the process of re-bundling the best products at the DIY Publicity Store and adding new products and services to be of deeper and more powerful service to the coaches, consultants, heart-centered business owners, interior designers, and aspiring and thriving speakers, authors, and inforpreneurs who are among my most loyal clients.
As such, I am taking the opportunity to retire several products on 12-31-09. Now is the time to purchase the Publici-Tea™-to-Go! Gift Bundle, the “Anytime, Anywhere Publici-Tea™ Express Digital Download, and the Authentic Visibility Publicity Toolkit at the $57, $49, and $97 price points. Click on each of the active links to read all the juicy details about how each product bundle delivers value and impact for your very modest investment.
If you are someone who loves a deal, you’ll want to stock up on these retiring items before 12-31-09, when they go away at prices not to be seen again.
In related news, the Publici-Tea™ Express “Live” event will debut in 2010 as a digital experience that you can enjoy at your 24/7 convenience from anywhere in the world. More details — including pricing — will be posted soon.
While I will not be producing this event monthly in 2010, I’ll gladly accept invitations to share the Publici-Tea™ Express presentation to large groups that are hungry and ready to benefit from the engaging, practical, and inspiring information. Please get in touch with me at 425-641-5214 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss dates and other win-win-win arrangements.
2010 is going to be great. I can’t wait!
CFP® Steve Juetten’s New E-Book Guides Consumers to Make their Best 2010 IRA Roth Conversion DecisionDecember 16, 2009 Article PR, Information Product Success No Comments
Publici-Tea™ graduate (and my husband Steve Juetten CFP) has been working with passion to put the finishing touches in his new e-book. “Between a Rock and a Hard Place – Making the Right 2010 Roth Conversion Decision for You” debuted TODAY at this site.
Given how many thousands of “Google” searches being conducted daily on the term “Roth IRA Conversion,” it would appear that Steve has created the perfect guide in perfect timing to serve a wide audience of interested people.
Steve has been translating complex financial topics into easy to digest communications for more than 25 years. He’s written many articles for the Puget Sound Business Journal and is frequently quoted by the news media, including www.BankRate.com and MSNBC, on financial planning topics. He is happy to speak with reporters, bloggers, and others who need the straight skinny on how to proceed. If you are a member of the media and would like to review this e-book for your readers, you can connect with Steve by email at Steve@finpath.com to make your request.
Check it out, and be among the first to benefit from the sage wisdom within the pages of this timely and very relevant guide. And, please share the good news with people in your world who are struggling with how to make the right choice on this issue.
For my money, I anticipate that Steve’s e-book will be a runaway best-seller among those who handle the household finances among friends and family this holiday season. While this may be an unconventional stocking stuffer, it will prove to be a very welcome one, too.