May 24, 2015
PR Beyond the Backyard, PR in Action, product publicity
Clients ask me time and time again what actually happens with their visibility, credibility, and profitability when they issue press releases. Many good things often happen, and here is a partial list of what can and often does happen for those who are serious about getting known through the power of good press in the traditional or online media.
Even if it has been a long time since you actually held a real newspaper in your hands, do not underestimate the value of having your expertise showcased online. It makes it easier for your ideal prospective clients to find you and decide at first glance that you truly are the right expert to engage to solve their urgent problems.
Note: All Images are Clickable to Make It Easy to Read or Watch the Press Releases.
- Clients who feel invisible to their ideal clients appreciate the visibility and credibility they welcome when their expertise is more easily found in a Google or other internet search engine investigation. The transformation from invisible to visible feels really empowering to experts who for one reason or another have been hiding out in obscurity for way too long.
- Sometimes, one media placement invites others to fan the flames of visibility to create a firestorm of interest in the expert being featured. For example, remember when the PBS series “Downton Abbey” was at the height of popularity? My husband — Bellevue, WA Certified Financial Planner Professional Steve Juetten — and I crafted a press release about the financial lessons inspired from the halls of Downton Abbey. That press release opened the door for follow up media placements on the PBS blog, Forbes.com, BankRate.com, and many other prestigious media outlets. This effort resulted in excellent and prestigious visibility and it also delivered 300 new opt in subscribers who were interested in the Smart Money Rules gift booklet he was offering at that time in exchange for their name and email address. Steve says a number of those new opt in subscribers subsequently decided to invest in his personal financial planning and investment management services.
- When using prREACH – a video news release service that is part of a Press Release Pizzazz done-for-you service I offer, placement reports demonstrate that 370 or more outlets run the news as presented. That is a lot of potential “eye balls” of potential clients who can make the wise choice to take the call to action noted within each release to learn more.
- Often experts will welcome speaking gigs and invitations to contribute commentary to podcasts, teleseminars, and other high profile opportunities to share their expertise with more of their ideal clients. For example, Sara Harvey Yao — an expert on executive leadership and presence — took advantage of the epic win of the Seattle Seahawks in a championship game to bring her expertise to the top of the search engines fast. When she shared the media coverage that resulted from this effort with her most important client, she was booked for two paid speaking engagements almost immediately.
- New Author Dr. Susan O’Malley was excited to share her new book with the world, yet her own author platform had not yet grown to a size where an email to her list would make a lot of noise. She took the opportunity to debut her book about working hard for success around the St. Patrick’s Day holiday to make her point that success is not to be left to chance. The visibility came at the perfect time to draw attention to a book signing event in her home town of Connecticut. And the “cool quotient” associated with the video news release also made it easy and fast to share the good news across social media.
- The World’s Leading Relationship with Money Coach Morgana Rae reached out to get press for her expertise. One of the most amusing results of that effort was that Siri — the voice of the i-phone — returns her website as the result when you ask “Who is the world’s leading relationship with money coach?” It’s hard to quantify the value of that, but when it is you who is showcased by Siri, you’ll immediately feel the impact.
- Christine Kloser has seen fit to use press releases to promote the Transformational Author Experience. Here is the release from the 2013 event. The media placements earned as a direct result of this are now proudly posted to the home page for the 5th annual event.
- Media logos from placements can be showcased visually as demonstrated by this image of yours truly. As a Facebook profile image, this clearly sets my profile apart in a credible way that reinforces my “media savvy” expertise.
- Clearly, my husband of 28 years Steve is my longest standing client. I am a huge champion for his success.
- In his business, the use of testimonials and the sharing of commissions is not allowed by the Certified Financial Planner code of ethics. His is running a business that is based squarely on trust, and building his credibility in a clean and ethical manner has always been a high priority.
- Since potential clients will search for someone with his expertise using key words such as “Bellevue, WA Fee-Only Financial Planner” or “Certified Financial Planner Professional, Bellevue, WA,” Steve has made a point of emphasizing those words on the “home page” of his website and on blog posts he writes. And, he also knows clients serious about engaging his expertise will often do an internet search of his first and last name to learn more about him.
- Since he has been issuing press releases and commenting to the media about financial planning topics for years, the credibility around his expertise is very solid. One article that ran in the Seattle Times years ago still comes up quickly in an internet search for Steve’s name because he is quoted by offering stellar advice. Time and time again, clients say, “I read your comments in the Seattle Times article, and that helped me know that you were the adviser I wanted to meet with.”
- Once Steve meets with the clients, his listening skills and gifts at enrolling clients to his services take center stage.
- In the internet marketing world, some experts elect to use press releases to reach potential clients who have not yet become part of their email subscriber communities. While this does not contribute significantly to a huge wave of new opt in subscribers in my experience, it DOES contribute a “cool quotient” and additional credibility around their expertise. For experts who have achieved a measure of meaningful success, the recognition associated with being seen in this way is hard to calculate and meaningful at a very personal level. The email notes of appreciation I have received time and time again reinforce how very true this is. While some people say business is business, experts who have worked long and hard for their success consider GETTING PRESS very personal.
- Some clients are reluctant to take center stage for whatever reason and don’t want to put themselves on video. The advantage of a video news release is that the expert’s perspectives and call to action can be highlighted, while an attractive news readers delivers the information.
- People learn in different ways. Video engages people with sight and sound, enhancing the likelihood that the message will be received and ignite some action. Video is highly relevant in today’s video crazed, “let me watch it on my i-phone” culture.
These are just the tip-of-the-iceberg results that can unfold when experts, authors, consultants, and speakers make an ongoing use of press releases — video or traditional — to build buzz about their expertise and invite visibility, credibility, and — of course — profitability.
I’ll be speaking more about press releases and the potholes to avoid during an interview Tuesday, May 26 at 10 a.m. Pacific. Join me and Christine Kloser of the 2015 Transformational Author Experience to listen in and benefit. The replay will be made available for 24 hours without fee.
May 11, 2015
Be Heard, Book Publishing, Joint Ventures
Have you dreamed of writing a book or becoming a successful published author? Do you have a valuable message that – if put in print – will help grow your business and transform more lives? If you answered yes, but don’t have your book written yet… keep reading!
There has never been a better time to write your book and become an author. The opportunities available for authors in the 21st Century are endless. Yet, the majority of entrepreneurs who say they want to write a book don’t actually do it. Why? Based on more than 900 responses to a recent survey by Transformational Book Coach, Christine Kloser, aspiring authors revealed what holds them back.
Most authors don’t know where to start or what to do first. They are overwhelmed with too much information and not enough action. Sometimes things like fear and doubt creep in. Other times, its confusion, lack of clarity or confidence that can stop an author in their tracks. Another big challenge for authors is feeling like their book has already been written… by somebody else.
Not to mention the maze of information out there about writing and publishing a book. Is it best to self-publish or try to get an agent and sell your manuscript? How important is it to build your platform? What are the first things to do to start writing your book? How can you leverage your book to grow your business? What do you do about “writer’s block?” How much will it cost to publish?
The questions facing an aspiring author can be endless and the answers are often times confusing. But, it doesn’t have to be that way. There are great people out there who want to help you write your BEST book, who are interested in your message and committed to your success.
And it’s absolutely possible to write your book in a way that is easy, joyful and fun – without wasting your precious time, money or energy going in circles. It’s also possible your book will bring about profound personal, professional, and even planetary transformation. Consider this…
Throughout history, books have played a critical role in impacting readers to create positive changes in their lives. Seeing that individual transformation impacts global transformation – it can be said the books truly do have the power to transform the world. And YOUR book can be one of those books that transforms lives forever.
So, if you’re ready to take the next step with your book (even just a little bit interested in writing a book someday) you’ll want to join me for Christine Kloser’s Transformational Author Experience®. Christine is a transformational book coach and is offering one of the best trainings I’ve ever seen for authors. Her faculty (besides me) includes New York Times Bestselling authors like Lisa Nichols, Chris Attwood and Marcia Wieder, as well as publishing industry experts like Wendy Keller (Senior Literary Agent), and Marc Allen (CEO and Publisher of Eckhart Tolle’s “Power of Now”). And that’s just the beginning of what’s in store for you at her f-r-e-e Transformational Author Experience®.
I hope you’ll take a look at what she’s put together for you and join us. It truly is a phenomenal program that has the power to transform your life if you let it…
April 29, 2015
Bye-Bye Boring Bio Success Story
Just about every quarter, I lead training to guide serious entrepreneurs to attract clients at first glance with a client attracting message. Today I share one of the Before and After bio transformations.
Allow me to proudly introduce Women’s Midlife Mentor Susan Letourneau!
Susan Letourneau is an inspiring woman with a profound gift of guiding women to transform their lives through collaborating with their inner guidance – the most insightful and intelligent mentor. Following inner guidance results in challenges being resolved, direction clarified and more joy being experienced in life. It is rare to find someone with whom people feel comfortable and safe enough to explore their inner landscapes and to experience that exploration as an adventure and treasure hunt where the treasure is a greater sense of meaning and connection with self, life and relationships. Susan has been through most of the challenges faced by her clients so, in many cases, she has found solutions through first hand experience. Her intuition and experience combined with your inner guidance create an exciting roadmap for your new life. Her sessions are full of laughter, insights and “aha” moments. She is available for one on one sessions and offers courses in dream interpretation and discovering life purpose.
Women’s Midlife Mentor Susan Letourneau
“Life after 50 can be fun, full and fascinating when you partner with your inner guidance system.”
Since 1986, Midlife Mentor Susan Letourneau has been guiding women 50 and better to transform unsettled mid-lives into magical ones filled with joy, peace and meaning. Her clients call her their trusted midlife midwife because she helps them give birth to a whole new second half of life which they love even more than the first.
One of her clients described it this way: “For so long, my life has been all about my job, husband and children. Now that I am retiring and my children have left, I can explore what feels fun and fulfilling to me, and Susan is helping me clarify what those things are!”
If you are feeling lost and would like a trusted guide to help you find joy, you’ve come to the right place. With decades of working with hundreds of women who describe the work as fun, impactful and life-changing, Susan delivers tools that will uplevel your life to joy by guiding you to partner with your inner wisdom – your most powerful ally.
If you are wondering what light might be shone on your path, begin by scheduling a complimentary “30 Minutes to Lift the Fog” phone session with Susan. The awareness and insights you will gain from this call will shine a brighter light on your current situation and help you see that much more is possible in your life than you have known. Susan offers one on one sessions in person or via Skype as well as one day “Date With Joy” intensives and longer term programs. You can also follow the yellow brick road laid out in her book “22 Steps From Jaded to Joy!” Call her at (403) 240-0352; email her at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.intentionalhealth.ca.
What Susan Says about Her Experience Getting Her Client Attracting Story Done with My Support:
“Nancy Juetten’s ‘Bye-Bye Boring Bio’ training was of tremendous benefit as it made me focus and gain clarity on how to succinctly describe what I do so others can understand. Nancy is a superb wordsmith, able to instantaneously come up with the perfect word or phrase to convey a concept, and she is also very adept at quickly grasping and articulating illusive concepts in a way that is immediately understandable. Although I consider myself to be pretty good with words, my ability pales in comparison to Nancy who is the champion!”
The Get Your Client Attracting Story Done Home Study and More Success System is a great way to get this done. Click here to learn more.
April 23, 2015
While in the company of some of the world’s leading luminaries in the professional coaching community, we brainstormed around the best ways to demonstrate that you are an awesome JV partner who has what it takes to even win the big launches.
These and other awesome tips were compiled at a VIP Mastermind in San Diego hosted by Christian Mickelsen and attended by Milana Leshinsky, Bill Baren, Justin Livingston, Ted McGrath, Eva Gregory, Jeanna Gabellini, Lisa Sasevich, Ben Saltzman, Kelly O’Neill, Melinda Cohan, Michelle Schubnel, Lisa Cherney, Rich German, Kim Clausen, Vicki Winterton, Vrinda Normand, Barb Wade, Linda Claire Puig, Jill Lublin, Christina Hills, Jay Fiset, Morgana Rae Christine Kloser, Bret Gregory, Murray Gray, Steve Olsher, Brian Whetten, Tiamo De Vettori, Debra Halperin Poneman, Ryan Eliason,, Neil Alcala, Marni Battista, Kristi Joba, Sage Lavine, Jennifer McLean, James Mielnik — and yours truly.
Want to see the list? Here you go!
- Commit 100% to supporting the launch.
- Apply FOCUS. Support one launch at a time.
- Do everything you promise.
- Add your PLUS FACTOR to exceed your partner’s expectations. Send a press release that is unexpected. Make personal phone calls to perfect people to benefit. Use your imagination to think beyond email to make your best impact. Run Facebook ads to go above and beyond the call of expectation.
- Send encouraging notes to the person launching because launching is not for the faint of heart. Your support will be noticed and appreciated.
- Position the expert you are promoting before the launch happens to prime the pump and elevate awareness. Blog posts and ezine articles can make a difference.
- Segment your list.
- Resend to Unopens 24 – 48 hours after with a different subject line to reach more people with the message.
- Mail to “clickers” more often than those who take no action.
- Submit required materials within minutes to make things easy and create a WOW reaction for your interview, telesummit, or webinar host.
- Offer awesome, relevant, and congruent bonuses at cart close.
- Make referrals to NEW partners to open even more perfect doors.
- Personalize “the swipe copy” so your tribe gets a fresh message that reads like it was created just for them.
- Proofread your copy, test the links, and — if possible — test the effectiveness of the messages during an internal launch first before going to a partner.
- Offer plenty of advance notice of your launch coming up so you best and most preferred partners can plan around it and offer “full court press” and all-in support.
- Engage an affiliate/joint venture manager who knows what she is doing.
- Update partners on results and reach out to chat and make timely pivots in launch strategy.
- Pass along statistics to your partner so the results are clear to all.
- Share your learning so their next launch can benefit.
- Nurture the long term relationship.
- No One Night Stands!
- Both give and receive support.
- Play BIG in a reciprocal way.
- Drip “swipe copy” to partners to avoid overwhelm and protect against partners sending the wrong message at the wrong time.
- Treat the launch as you would your own.
- Don’t issue an ezine to interrupt the campaign.
- Have awesome sales pages that convert.
- Leave the cart open for just 3-4 days.
- Continue to advance along the path to mastery, leading with service to your tribe with every step you take.
- Have fun. Make a difference. Anything else just isn’t good enough.
Do you have additional tips to offer? Please share.
February 26, 2015
By Milana Leshinsky
It’s amazing how many reasons there are for a list owner to promote you. And the great thing about this for you is that they just need one reason. Read through the list below and see if you can identify some great reasons you can give business owners to promote you!
1. BECAUSE THEY WANT TO FEEL GOOD ABOUT RECOMMENDING A GREAT RESOURCE! List owners take pride in and have a responsibility to their email subscribers. They want to share tremendous value with their list. If your free report or product makes the list owner look good, they would be happy to share it.
2. BECAUSE THEY WANT TO GENERATE PASSIVE INCOME. Business owners love passive income. It’s why they create products, have websites, and run automated webinars and teleseminars. If you can position the idea of them promoting you as, “I’ll do all the work and you get half the money,” they’ll see it as a great passive income opportunity.
3. BECAUSE THEY WANT TO ADD GREAT VALUE TO THEIR NEWSLETTER OR BLOG. Business owners who publish a newsletter or a blog are in constant need of quality content. It saves them time and they’re happy to publish a great article they didn’t have to write, while getting you exposure.
4. BECAUSE THEY WANT TO FEATURE AN EXPERT ON A TOPIC THEY DON’T TEACH THEMSELVES. Business owners usually focus on one, or just a few, areas of expertise. If your product or program complements what they do, it can be a great reason for them to share you with their list.
5. BECAUSE THEY WANT TO BE SEEN AS RESOURCEFUL AND WELL-CONNECTED IN THEIR INDUSTRY. When list owners share resources of their peers, they look abundant and generous. Entrepreneurs also love being seen as the “hub” in their industry and having access to useful information, resources, and experts who can solve problems.
6. BECAUSE THEY LIKE YOU AND WANT TO SUPPORT YOU. This can be a slam dunk to a “yes” if you have great rapport with a list owner. People who like you want to help you. That’s why it’s important to connect with potential partners on a personal level before asking for support.
7. BECAUSE THEY REALLY LIKE YOUR PRODUCT OR PROJECT. The reason that JVs work so well is the transfer of trust and rapport. If a business owner can give a first-hand testimonial about how awesome your stuff is, then it’s an easy referral for them to make and it will probably convert really well. An enthusiastic endorsement about your product can translate into a great promotional opportunity.
8. BECAUSE THEY FEEL LIKE THEIR CLIENTS REALLY NEED YOUR HELP. Business owners want, and need, their clients to succeed. If you provide a super-easy way for them to put a solution into their clients’ hands, then recommending you should be a no-brainer. We have even seen business owners buy copies of programs to give their clients. Make sure your product or program is super helpful to the clients of those who could recommend you.
9. BECAUSE YOUR WEB SITE LOOKS GREAT AND PROFESSIONAL! If your web site looks outdated, sloppy, or unprofessional, it’s tough for a business owner to send their audience to your site. But on the other hand, if your site looks amazing, then the business owner can be proud to send people there. Make sure your web site looks top notch!
10. BECAUSE YOU HAVE A GREAT ENERGY AND ARE EASY TO WORK WITH. Great energy and enthusiasm are contagious. So get excited about your product or service and how much it helps people and how generous you are with your commissions!
11. BECAUSE YOU PURCHASED THEIR PRODUCT OR JOINED THEIR PROGRAM. Clients and customers are top priority for most business owners. That’s why it’s a lot easier to get noticed and get promoted by someone whose product you invested in. So if there’s someone you want to partner with, buy their product first!
12. BECAUSE YOU HAVE A UNIQUE PRODUCT. You can impress and inspire list owners with your product and the way it’s delivered. If you have something they haven’t seen before, they’re more likely to take a closer look and consider sharing it with their audience. You might even consider giving them a free copy or access to your product.
13. BECAUSE YOU ARE WILLING TO PAY HIGHER COMMISSIONS THAN MOST. If a business owner knows they will be earning more money with you than someone else, that can be enough to get a “Yes!” from them. Remember that keeping 25% of a sale you would not have had is better than keeping 100% of no sale. Plus, you can always offer another product for “back-end” revenue.
14. BECAUSE YOU HELPED OUT AT THEIR EVENT. Reciprocity is a wonderful thing. I’ll scratch your back, and maybe now you will be more inclined to scratch mine. Helping out a leader at their event can be satisfying on many levels. Not only that, but they are more likely to get to know you and consider helping you because you have helped them.
15. BECAUSE YOU PROMOTED THEIR PRODUCT OR PROGRAM. One fast way to get the attention of a big list owner is to sell a bunch of their product or program. You can even be direct with them that you would really love their support and just wanted to show them some support first. A bonus is that you might earn some nice commissions in addition to getting a great promo partner to support you.
16. BECAUSE YOUR SALES PAGE IS WELL-WRITTEN AND LOOKS LIKE IT WILL CONVERT! If a partner looks at your sales process and it’s less than awesome, they may feel like working with you will be a waste of a mailing to their list. So impress them with your sales process, invest into creating great copy!
17. BECAUSE YOU OFFERED GREAT JV PRIZES AND THEY WANT TO WIN. Most list owners love winning prizes and being on leaderboards. If you can come up with some exciting prizes to offer and some social proof of other people promoting you, you might have some amazing people going all out to win your launch or sell a bunch of copies of your program.
18. BECAUSE YOU’VE BEEN A RESOURCE FOR THEM AND OFFERED HELP IN THE PAST. Most successful business people have good hearts, and if you’ve helped them out in the past, it’s likely they will want to help you back. Promoting you to their list can be an easy way for them to show appreciation. When you’ve got your ducks in a row, ask that person you’ve helped in the past.
19. BECAUSE A MUTUAL FRIEND RECOMMENDED YOU TO THEM. Potential JV partners may feel much more likely to help you if a mutual friend has suggested they work with you. It creates instant trust and gets you ahead of the line a lot faster than if you were a complete stranger. Check your Facebook and LinkedIn connections to see if you have any shared friends.
20. BECAUSE YOU COMPLIMENTED THEM ON THEIR BOOK, ARTICLE, OR IDEA! Successful big list business owners are people, too, and appreciate a sincere compliment as much as the next person. If you can be specific with your compliments, they will feel like you truly got their message and they were heard.
21. BECAUSE THEY WANT TO SUPPORT YOUR MISSION. If your product or program has a strong message that resonates with a list owner, they are likely to write an inspired email to their list, sharing how important your message is and directing them to you. You might search social media and blogs to see if any big list owners feel strongly about your topic.
22. BECAUSE THEY WANT TO APPEAR ON YOUR PODCAST, INTERNET RADIO SHOW, OR YOUR TV SHOW ON YOUTUBE. Exposure is a great thing for a business owner. If you have an audience that you can put the business owner in front of, they will very likely be a guest of yours. And if they feel passionately about the topic or the way it is shared, there’s a good chance they will let their list know about their appearance on your network.
It really is amazing that there are so many ways to get the attention and commitment of a business owner to share you with their audience. The great thing about this for you is that they just need ONE good reason to shoot out a quick email (or several) to their list. Best of luck to you as you approach and get promotional support from your colleagues, peers, and competitors!
About the Author: Milana Leshinsky along with her business partner Rich German created the JV Insider Circle, the world’s leading joint venture community for coaches, authors, speakers, and experts. To discover more tips and strategies on how to grow your business using joint venture partnerships, get a FREE copy of their report, “Experts Profit Formula” at this link.
February 24, 2015
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
LAGUNA BEACH, CA, February 25, 2015 – Finding and attracting clients to benefit from their expertise is a problem that keeps millions of coaches, consultants, experts, and authors earning less than they want. Joint Venture Experts Milana Leshinsky and Rich German have boiled it down to a simple formula:
Problem + Product + Partners = Profit
Figuring out the specific how-to details to create “do the math” is a source of serious frustration. That is why Leshinsky and German have released the Experts Profit Formula to bring in the relief, the education, and the support for a limited time only – through March 9, 2015.
Experts Profit Formula explains the three simple steps for coaches, authors, and speakers to transform their expertise into best-selling products and programs that increase their income and impact.
Leshinsky and German also make these recommendations:
1. Each product or program must have a clear and easily identifiable outcome. It should be based on the BIG problem clients can ease with that product or program.
2. Create a step-by-step system or solve the problem that clients are also prepared to invest to get the benefit or the relief.
3. Create a compelling title that speaks of the outcome of the product in the name.
4. Identify the ideal target audience to benefit.
5. Then, go the next step to identify the leaders of tribes of those people.
Leshinsky and German run million-dollar coaching and information business empires from home offices on the East and West Coast. They credit joint ventures as their leading strategy and are now sharing their best lessons for success with the world.
About JV Insider Circle Co-founders Milana Leshinsky and Rich German
Milana Leshinsky operates a million-dollar coaching and information business empire. As the creator of Recurring Revenue Revolution and the author of “Coaching Millions,” Milana has been called the MEGA Coach of the coaching industry. Today she works with entrepreneurs and service professionals to help them uncover hidden profit centers, maximize their existing revenue streams, and create businesses that that support their lifestyle. She came from Soviet Ukraine 20 years ago as a classical musician with zero knowledge of the business world, reached six figures within three years, and runs her million-dollar business from home, while raising two children.
Since 1999, Rich German has conducted over 18,000 1-on-1 coaching calls. He started his own company in 2008 and has taken the world of coaching coaches by storm. He has written two best-selling books and founded the Epic Coach Academy. He has built a list of over 56,000 people using the exact joint venture techniques that are taught in the JV Insider Circle. He is also the founder of the Gen Why Project that supports the 1.6 million homeless children in the US. Rich works from his home and on the sand in Laguna Beach, California.
Leshinsky and German welcome speaking engagements, interview requests, and free downloads of their new report Experts Profit Formula. The report is available through March 9, 2015.
February 24, 2015
Business Success, Joint Ventures
Joint Ventures Explained.
Thank you Rich German and Milana Leshinky.
February 19, 2015
By Milana Leshinsky
There are many marketing strategies to get clients and put people in your programs. But if you’re tired of getting little to no results, there’s one strategy that can give you a client-getting “shortcut” you’ll love.
The super successful business leaders in the coaching, speaking, and training niches use one primary method to break through six and seven figure ceilings. It’s called Joint Venture partnerships (JVs).
You may have heard of JVs before, but to really understand them you need to know two things:
* A partner with a responsive audience needs to promote you to that group.
* You need to have something of value in order for that partner to promote you.
So let’s take a look at five proven ways to get more clients than you know what to do with and fill your programs fast.
#1 Get Interviewed
Why did everyone want to get on the Oprah show back in the day? It’s because a good interview with Oprah pretty much guaranteed stardom and an audience of your own. And she didn’t even require you to mail your own list to get on her show Seriously, there are many different formats of “shows” out there like podcasts, radio shows, TV shows, and blogs. And all of those hosts need a never-ending supply of guests. So if you can let them know that you are available for a scheduled or last minute interview, they will have you on the shortlist of people to call when they need someone.
#2 The Teleclass Model
This is how I have generated success the fastest. Simply have a JV partner promote a teleclass or webinar that you are holding. Their list will show up with some trust (thanks to the partner referral) and be eager to hear what you have to say. You can then give an awesome presentation with an irresistible call to action toward the end. Try to do these every month – they’ll likely keep your business healthy and profitable.
#3 The Automated Webinar
This is one of the newer formats, but it’s gaining popularity quickly. The reason that automated webinars work so well is that you are putting your best presentation (because it’s recorded) in front of awesome people (because they are JV referrals) at the time that’s best for them (because people can select when to attend). We sell products and programs this way and some of our peers are making millions with this method. Drive some JV traffic to an automated webinar, you’ll thank us.
#4 The Telesummit
This is like being a rock star at Lollapalooza. You get in front of a crowd of tens or hundreds of thousands of fans of your topic and give them what they want! The benefit is the mass exposure. The way to really make these work is to have an incredibly attractive title and an irresistible offer (typically something free to get all those people on your list).
#5 The Launch
Want to make six or seven figures in a week? The launch model is how to generate a flash flood of money into your business. It’s basically like dozens or even hundreds of coordinated JVs happening at the same time with leaderboards and prizes. It takes a lot of planning, but when you do it right, you’re financially set for the whole year.
There are many other ways to benefit from JVs. And the reason they work is because you’re being endorsed by your partner. There is a transfer of trust and rapport. So pick a favorite from the five methods above, or find another way to persuade a partner with a responsive mailing list to promote you.
About the Author: Milana Leshinsky along with her business partner Rich German created the JV Insider Circle, the world’s leading joint venture community for coaches, authors, speakers, and experts. To discover more tips and strategies on how to grow your business using joint venture partnerships, get a FREE copy of their report, “Experts Profit Formula” at this link.
February 9, 2015
When your main focus is on increasing profits and expanding the reach of your marketing it’s incredibly easy to be taken down a dozen rabbit holes each day. There are so many marketing, leadership and small business experts giving abundant strategies to grow your business that it creates an obstacle course of to-dos for the average entrepreneur.
If you’ll think less of implementing the 101 profit ideas you have and give more time to the following five, simple practices, you’ll find that you’ll have less stress and more profits without trying.
Your mind will want to divert you, but don’t give in. Profitable businesses use some version of the following practices and have results to prove their power.
1. Always begin each brainstorming session, networking conversation or task knowing exactly what you want to get out of it. Never just show up and plunge into the task at hand without sitting down and giving conscious thought to your ideal outcome for each segment of your day.
2. Tap into your Inner Business Expert several times each day. Most people save their spiritual connection and intuition for after work-hours or when there is a crisis. When you decide to partner with your inner guidance, your business genius will be at full power. You can access out-of-the-box solutions, create new products and services, and feel at peace no matter how chaotic things might appear.
3. Ask yourself, “How can I make this more fun, easier and increase profitability?” It’s amazing what can happen when you ask yourself a powerful inquiry. It’s even better when you use this question to make an already good thing even better. Go through all the main areas of your business at least once a month and use this inquiry. And don’t forget to connect with your Inner Business Expert before you answer.
4. Use the talent and expertise of others. You may be brilliant at several things but there are other people who can put a different spin on what you’re already doing and you can change your entire market place. When pondering your newest offering or tweaking a system, ask colleagues how they might improve what you’re doing. It’s best to use this practice before things go haywire. Join masterminds and get coached by people who freely share their information. Yes, you’ll have to ask questions that expose your weaknesses but you’ll be rewarded handsomely.
5. Stretch yourself. It’s easy to fall into a pattern of only doing what you need to get by. Challenge yourself every week to go beyond what’s normal for you. If you never give services and products away, do it. If you give everything away, stop … charge more. Use new technology to simplify the way you market or deliver your goods and services. Hire a coach that will cause you to think HUGE. Hire someone to help you market, file, or do customer care … before you think you can afford it! Commit yourself fully to a project that scares the pants off you (because YOU CAN handle it!).
How can one of these practices offer you more profits and less stress? Share with me below!
Jeanna Gabellini is a Master Business Coach who supports conscious entrepreneurs to double (and even triple) their profits by leveraging attraction principles, proven strategies and fun. She is co-author of Life Lessons for Mastering the Law of Attraction, which she wrote with Eva Gregory, Mark Victor Hansen & Jack Canfield. Her new book, Rock your Profits: Stress-Free Steps that turn your Biz into a Badass Money-Making Machine is yours free for 5 days HERE!
February 2, 2015
Today is my 14-year business anniversary. I am still here, and I have learned so much. Here are some of my favorite lessons around success, inspired by one of my favorite classic films of all time — The Wizard of Oz.
1. You don’t have to fly over the rainbow to get much of what you want. Most of the new business, media coverage and speaking invitations you seek can be found in your own backyard.
2. Don’t let “blue bird envy” stand in your way. Wishing and hoping doesn’t get the job done. Get into action today to earn the attention and opportunities you seek for your message and your unique brand of brilliance.
3. Urgent problems and big news always ring loud and clear – Ding Dong the Witch is Dead.
4. Don’t be afraid to ask for help to get what you need. Good witches and mentors are everywhere — if you just ask the local munchkins for quality recommendations.
5. Along the yellow brick road to success, don’t settle for Munchkin Land when the Land of Oz is what you really want. Think big about what you want to accomplish. Reach high to attract the perfect premium clients, speaking gigs, joint venture partners, and media opportunities that can advance your message, offer more opportunities to share your expertise, and escalate your revenues and profitability to new heights.
6. Frame your message as a horse of a different color so it stands apart.
7. Choose local color to invite memorable and remarkable photo opportunities.
8. There is no place like home. Start your efforts to attract the premium opportunities you seek close to home.
9. Earn loyal friends, fans and followers with every step you take. That will go a long way to lend strength and momentum to your business building effort here and beyond, today and forever.
10. Put your best dress on and your best face forward before you make your approach.
11. Collaborate with a quality team when making your best impact.
12. Celebrate new media and embrace new tools. If the crystal ball isn’t delivering the solutions and information you need, find alternative ways learn what you need to know to carry your message forward. You are not in Kansas anymore.
13. There will be forks in the road and different paths to take along your journey to take on a bigger platform or reinvent from what you used to do to what you are doing now. Make a choice, put some spring in your step, and have some fun along the way.
14. It takes brains, courage, and heart to make your message stand out and to stay with it.
15. You have to be willing to put up with things that get in your way, like angry apples, flying monkeys, wicked witches, and sleep-inducing poppies.
16. Don’t easily surrender Dorothy. Be willing to fight for the results you want.
17. Never underestimate the power of a sassy pair of shoes to boost your confidence when selling an idea, leading an enrollment conversation, pitching a story or doing anything that really matters in your life or work.
18. “Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.” You have more power to make things happen in your business than you ever thought possible. You just have to look in your bag of tricks to find the right tools and resources to the get the mission accomplished. And you have to use them.
Set your course, make your plans, and journey forward with quality effort and the conviction to achieve the success you seek. Just as Dorothy discovered, you can make a lot of magic happen if you just click your heels together and get to work.
In honor of my business anniversary, I created a special “Get Your Client Attracting Story Done Success System” to guide aspiring experts to get that mission accomplished. Read all about it and take action so you can can stand in and on your true value. You can feel even more confident in your offerings, and you can charge more for your expertise. That is the ultimate value of getting this done. The sale is in progress through Friday, February 6, 2014 at midnight.
« Previous Entries