October 19, 2015
Business Success, Joint Ventures
Over the last 40 days or so, I’ve had my head down, creating a new way to serve. That meant applying a high level of laser focus on the new initiative that — even for me — was uncommon. Here is one thing about this that I think is pretty remarkable.
>> I didn’t worry about money for a moment during the creation process.
Why? I strategically lent support to the products and programs of luminaries whose work I use and know to be outstanding. I referred enough new business to them as their champion and partner so my own money needs were more than taken care of IN THE MAILBOX in thanks for my quality referrals.
If you are someone who finds yourself in that “rock and a hard place” position where your products, programs and services are not yet done or perfect, you can still serve and profit in the meantime.
It is a matter of championing the ALREADY PROVEN offerings of leaders you admire in perfect timing to build that bridge to revenue while you get the rest of your own act together. It pays off. And it does my heart good to know that and share that good news with you.
If you would like to learn how, get know touch with me by email at email@example.com, or send me a note with “Revenue In the Meantime” in the subject line so I can get back to you. Talk soon!
October 15, 2015
Media Savvy 101, PR Beyond the Backyard
Getting the word out about your expertise and latest news can be accomplished with a simple press release you prepare and then SHARE via your blog, ezine, social media, OR via the distribution service of your choice. This blog post intends to make it easy for you to create a press release for your latest news in a step by step way — quickly and with confidence.
1) Create a headline that showcases how you want to be known and something of note that readers will find newsworthy or noteworthy.
Joint Venture Coach Nancy Juetten Reveals How to Build Credible Influence Online That Pays Off
2) Create a short summary about what the news release is about. Make clear the audience to benefit most from the news. In this case, it is online business owners whose own programs are not yet done, proven, or perfected.
Long before creating a large and loyal list of newsletter subscribers, Joint Venture Coach Nancy Juetten listened carefully to the needs of her clients and made quality recommendations to solve their problems. In today’s online marketplace, the power of credible championship of other people’s programs pays off with a 5-figure revenue stream year after year, separate from income that flows from her own popular and proven Get Known to Get Paid training and private mentoring programs. Juetten’s success tips and mistakes to avoid serve online business owners blazing a similar trail who need to create a reliable bridge to revenue until their own products or programs are done, proven or perfected.
3) Write the news release.
Success Tips: Make sure the story has some human interest that relates to a trend or other angle that is timely, useful and relevant. Include a quote from the expert to add perspective and personality. The news release should include information from which readers can learn something or benefit without having to make a purchase. Write the press release in the third person in a factual, journalistic style.
During the depths of The Great Recession of 2008, Nancy Juetten’s boutique publicity agency fell on hard times. She was among the many business owners who experienced a steep drop in revenues during tough economic times. Her business teetered on the brink of failure.
“One day, during my daily march to the mailbox to retrieve bills that I needed to find a way to pay, I received a check for $2000. It turned out to be a commission for a mastermind that someone in my community decided to buy at my recommendation,” Juetten explained. “That accidental check in the mailbox set me on a path to learn how to recommend quality products to serve the needs of others in my community for good and profit.”
Today, Juetten makes a practice of reaching out to the leaders of large tribes in the online coaching niche to explore how she can support their success through the power of her credible recommendations. In doing so, she has created a 5-figure revenue stream year after year, separate from income that flows from her own popular and proven Get Known to Get Paid training and private mentoring programs. Juetten guides online entrepreneurs to create the same result with her JV VIP Day and other offerings.
Juetten says that among the biggest mistakes to avoid are arranging bad marriages from the start, fishing in waters of really big fish without being ready, and being too self-focused such that a potential partner cannot see the value of starting a relationship in the first place.
Among the most useful lessons she has learned along the way are:
- Support others whose values and services are a good match without compromise.
- Serve fans and followers well by bringing products that are already proven to deliver the desired result to their attention.
- See the value in every relationship to lift others up along the climb to success.
- Build influence through authenticity and integrity.
4. Be clear about the call to action.
Learn more by downloading her ‘Avoid JV Mistakes Toolkit’ today or tuning in to the replay of a YouTube interview about building credible influence with heart and smarts without being a shark.
5) Finish with a “boilerplate” paragraph that offers brief background about the person being showcased in the news release.
About Joint Venture Coach Nancy Juetten:
Nancy Juetten is the Get Known to Get Paid Mentor and Joint Venture Coach who got introduced to joint venture partnerships in 2008. Today some of the biggest names in internet marketing and business coaching – Christian Mickelsen, Christine Kloser, Milana Leshinsky, and Rich German — call her by name, sing her praises, and proudly advocate for her products, programs, and services to their tribes as she returns the same or something better for them. This single strategy has added more star power to her brand and reputation and accelerated her impact, influence, and income than any other.
6) Include images with your news release to add visual interest.
7) Include contact information to make it easy for reporters and others of influence to get in touch for interviews, speaking invitations, or other opportunities.
Nancy Juetten, 425-641-5214 (PST), firstname.lastname@example.org
Simple distribution ideas to reach your own loyal fans, followers, and champions include posting your news to your blog, showcasing it in ezine, or sharing across social media. You can also use PR Newswire or prREACH to share your news with audience BEYOND those you already know. This is highly recommended.
So, there you have it — 7 steps to create a press release about your expertise and your news.
Why not create one of your own and see how far the news travels and what opportunities it helps serve up to make more of your own best impact in the marketplace?
Ready. Set. Go!
October 7, 2015
Imagine this: You walk to your mailbox tomorrow. Instead of a stack of bills, you find a check for $5000. A check you weren’t expecting. Sound the trumpets. Bring out the champagne.
The next week, there’s a check for $1500 in your mailbox. And the following week, there are two checks — one for $800 and one for $2500. And every week, these big checks of extra money just keep appearing in your mailbox.
If this sounds pretty good to you, consider this:
This is a happy and true story taken from the pages of my own life and business today. Back in 2008, it was a much different story.
With the economic downturn known of 2008, my boutique public relations agency fell on hard times. One day, there were ongoing relationships in place with happy clients. The next, contracts were broken as clients did their best to hang on for dear life during tough times.
All at once, I had to reinvent my products, services, and programs to be relevant and of service in an entirely new and daunting marketplace. After a brief by painful stay in “Pity Party Hotel,” my first step was to figure out my best skill set with the upside to bring in cash.
A public relations professional knows how to stand behind quality experts to tell stories that bring clients welcome attention, recognition, and renown.
>> What if I redeployed this skill in a new way to be of service by using it for good and profit?
And so I began my study of the power of the joint venture or strategic alliance.
What is a joint venture?
A joint venture is:
>> A strategic alliance through which all parties welcome leverage to distribute their marketing messages to more of the right people to their mutual benefit.
>> Typically they collaborate to share leads, reward for referred sales, and perhaps co-create a bundle that would be of even deeper service to their ideal clients.
Why are joint ventures valuable?
>> Advocacy from a power partner is more influential than a “cold call” or other less personal approach.
>> Partners that offer something that is a valuable addition to what you offer make your product or service even more complete and irresistible.
>> Joining forces creates a win for your partner, their clients and then for you, while saving you time, toil, and trouble creating new programs to solve urgent problems that you may not have created yet.
Today I am proud to report that I have a reliable source of money coming in. That annoying revenue roller-coaster is not my reality anymore. Best of all, I created that result even before many of my own products, programs and trainings were done or perfect when my newsletter subscriber list was still quite small (1000 or less!)
I love the comfy cushion of cash in the bank to fund and build my business and create those proprietary programs and products … without having to worry where the next dollar is coming from.
The best part is that I created this big, fat river of money not by selling my soul, writing a chain letter, or selling wrapping paper or candy bars to family and friends that they didn’t want in the first place. Instead, I tuned in to the URGENT NEEDS of my favorite clients and started recommending solutions to those problems from service providers I knew well and could credibly recommend.
In doing so, I elevated the reputation and visibility of my own business and built strong, supportive relationships with those top-dog business leaders who have the power and influence to triple the sales of my own products and programs.
So what are the 6 steps to take so you can do this, too – even BEFORE your own products, programs and services are done, proven or perfect or your own list has grown to MAC DADDY size?
1) Identify your best skill set to offer in today’s marketplace.
2) Listen to your clients and potential clients to discover the urgent problems that keep them up at night and cause struggle, frustration, and worry that may be beyond your own expertise.
3) Identify the top eight solution providers in your industry who are already well-known for solving that problem. By narrowing the focus to eight partners, that makes is easier to manage overwhelm and nurture the relationships over time.
4) Here are idea starters to help you find your own eight points of light:
>> Consider what your clients are investing into before and after they invest with you.
>> Attend business events in your industry where business owners invest and even travel by airplane to participate.
>> Notice who is on stage and make a new friend over a meal.
>> Notice the “big fish” showing up already in your own inbox.
>> See, hear and pay attention to their ezines, blogs, and promotions to have a solid understanding of the promises they make.
>> Join a high level mastermind where serious business owners are investing with mentors to create even more success.
>> Make friends with your best competitors.
>> Be selective. Make sure an alliance with each of these experts makes good strategic sense and also notice how well their values and approach are a good marriage for your own. Then, you can reach out and suggest how you can support their success without hesitation.
5) Get ready TODAY to deploy your own influence for good and profit. That means getting known, building buzz, and creating lasting and influential relationships with every move you make in the social, traditional, and online media. Your visibility makes it a lot easier for folks to find, refer, and hire you and get in touch to explore joint ventures, too!
6) Grow the size and loyalty of your own opt in subscriber list. When your list reaches 500 or 1000 subscribers, you have an audience of potential buyers who can wisely invest in a partner’s program that you proudly and credibly recommend. Then, you can be rewarded with welcome commission checks to thank you for your credible and influential championship.
These are exactly the six steps I have taken over time to create a reliable 5-figure revenue stream of extra money in my mailbox year after year.
Recommending other people’s proven products and programs is good for business – yours and the power partners fortunate to welcome your credible advocacy. Become a student of the joint venture, and your influence, impact, and income will change for the better in the mailbox and well beyond, too.
About Get Known to Get Paid Mentor Nancy Juetten
Joint venturing with power partners has added more “star power” to Nancy Juetten’s brand and reputation and accelerated her impact, influence, and income than any other. Today some of the biggest names in internet marketing – Milana Leshinsky, Rich German, and Alex Mandossian — sing Nancy Juetten’s praises as a joint venture partner. They are among many who advocate for her products, programs, and services to their tribes. Count on Nancy’s “all of the help, none of the hype” approach to learn winning strategies to get known and paid. Start today by downloading the ‘Avoid JV Mistakes Toolkit.’
September 28, 2015
Event Promotion, Joint Ventures, Measuring Results, New Audio File to Support Your DIY Publicity Success
My first group program delivered with a partner enrolled 11 people.
My second group with the same partner enrolled 33 people.
The third group program delivered solo enrolled 65 people.
My fourth group program enrolled fewer people, and I had more fun.
- Keep focus always on growing your list. The more people who are your fans, followers, and believers, the greater the likelihood that they will enroll in your programs.
- Become a fabulous host of content-rich teleseminars so your message can extend far and wide to more of the right people.
- Be crystal clear about WHO your people are with great specificity so you can be strategic in inviting the right co-collaborators.
- Host your own teleseminars or webinars.
- Contribute to the events of the right “hubs” where your content can add real value without being in competition.
- Foster strategic partnerships through which your partners are delighted to introduce you to their communities.
- Give before you get. Be the kind of partner who is a joy to work with in every way, who meets and exceeds commitments, and shows up as the kind of partner YOU would love to welcome supporting your most pressing business initiatives.
- Make your partner commissions generous enough to invite enthusiastic participation.
- Make it easy for partners to promote you by offering a promotional packet that gives them everything they need to deliver your good news, including solo emails, Tweets, Facebook Posts, articles to showcase in their ezines/blogs, and images of your program to turn heads and invite interest.
- Plan in advance so your partners have adequate time to plan around your event and can give you “full court press.”
- Capture compelling testimonials on a systematic basis so your offers are packed with powerful proof.
- Adapt this approach as your own and see how it can lend strength to your marketing and guide the right people to say YES to what you have to offer.
- Create a compelling opt in page. And track conversions. You want at least 50% of the people who visit to opt in. If your numbers are less than that, you have to improve the look and message you share to make it an easy YES.
- Create an equally compelling sales page for your offer.
- Promote the call two to three times before the call with solo emails.
- Allow sufficient time during the call to make an offer you feel is so compelling that even YOU would make the wise choice to invest.
- 70% of your sales will happen AFTER the preview call. So you absolutely need to create and send an after-the-call email sequence to everyone who opted in to invite them to take a closer look and invite action. Tell a story with each email you send to bring about greater commitment and urgency to take action.
- Track your sales conversions so you can set the bar higher each time you launch your program.
- Set big goals and reach high to achieve them. Don’t set the bar too low. This takes work, and it must pay off.
- Express thanks to your strategic partners by paying them on time and with great appreciation.
- Consider turning your live group program into a digital information product so you have “an irresistible down sell” to offer for those who can’t make your live session dates.
- Choose partners wisely. Make sure style, brand, message and values are well aligned.
- If your program is truly a signature program, deliver it solo with guest experts as opposed to delivering it jointly. Why? Because when it comes time for folks to make a decision to go deeper in their work, they don’t have to make an uncomfortable choice.
- Make sure your curriculum makes crystal clear the value packed within.
- Offer payment plans to make it easy for clients to say YES to what you offer.
- Add a private group forum or private Facebook group so people can connect and create new relationships to support their success.
- If your ideal client still has a “real job” consider stretching out the schedule so they can avoid that feeling of overwhelm.
- Find fabulous partners who can offer enticing bonuses that are relevant to your offering and add remarkable value.
- Offer a guarantee that is fair to your participants and to you.
- Set boundaries around your availability and expectations for folks to meet deadlines for participation, homework review, etc.
- Recognize that the journey is as important as the success destination. Keep on making improvements to your program. Keep listening for ways to serve differently and better. Tune in to your own needs and make sure the program is a fit for you and for your clients.
There is so much more to learn on this topic. That is why I interviewed Group Training Expert Michelle Schubnel this morning about her best observations from having coaches thousands of coaches to group coaching success.
“Insider Secrets on Running Transformational Group Coaching Programs that Maximize Your Visibility, Impact, and Income” is her topic.
Access the Replay!
Title: [Private LIVE Interview] Maximize Visibility, Impact and Income with Groups – Nancy Juetten and Michelle Schubnel
September 28, 2015
Risky Post, but I Really Want to Start This Conversation:
>> What is your point of view about HUGE BONUS BUNDLES at the end of a big promotion?
— Do you love them as consumers who can benefit from them?
— If you get them, do you use them?
— Anything else you want to say about this?
I’ll start. I know they are persuasive because I have seem the results from some of the bigger players in the industry. And, they worry me for a variety of reasons, too.
>>I wonder if those bonus bundles serve to devalue the programs offered as bonus offers.
>>I worry that “too much information” delivered to any client at any given time is a recipe for overwhelm instead of success.
>> And I ask myself if more digital bundles and live event tickets are what is needed and wanted most of all?
What do you have to say about this? I’d really love to know!
I sometimes feel like all the bonuses are too much. There have been some programs where I never even get to the bonuses. Also, it seems like bonuses are sometimes stated as having a higher monetary value tha is plausible. Like – the bonuses are worth triple the program’s price. Seems disingenuous.
Charlotte Greenman replied · 1 Reply
August 10, 2015
Today’s guest blog post comes to you from Business Building Coach and Coaches Console Co-Founder Melinda Cohan.
Are you a Hobbyist, or a Business Owner?
Do you even know?
Do you even realize how this one, single insight can impact the level of success you have in your business and with your coaching?
If you don’t know this answer or don’t even realize the importance of this distinction then you may be hitting upper limits of your level of success and not even realize it. If that is the case then no matter how great your efforts, no matter how impeccable you implement the best strategies you will not be seeing the results you desire.
There are two potential levels at which you can participate in pursuing your passion as a coach. That of a Hobbyist. That of a Business Owner.
Hobbyists can articulate a general direction for their business. They grasp the idea of business discipline, but tend to think it’s too early to get it fully under control — or feel they don’t have time. Hobbyists’ planning, goals, priority-setting and sense of business purpose also tend to be less focused, more difficult to understand.
Business Owners, on the other hand, can clearly define how they will make a difference in the world, and who they will serve. They know it takes a thriving, profitable business to create that difference. Far more than Hobbyists, they have practical, well-grounded faith in the discipline and the systems that build greatness in any business. Because they are clear and specific, Business Owners’ strategies, articulation, priorities, choices, goals and even words have more impact.
Are you a Hobbyist, or a Business Owner?
How The Hobbyist Will Experience The Business of Coaching:
- Business and client support is reactive versus proactive. They figure out the answers as they go.
- Jack of all, master of none
- Provide the support to their clients on a situational basis. Things are unique to each client and situation and often done differently each time. There is customization in how they support and work with their clients because the hobbyist only coaches when they want to coach.
- Run their business manually with limited technologies and support resources. They aren’t necessary since they sporadically do marketing and support clients.
- Coach few clients and continue to dream of having a deeper impact on the world.
How The Business Owner Will Experience The Business of Coaching.
- Build a strong foundation up front for their business.
- Collaborate with great people to leverage their own time.
- Use the right technologies, tools and resources to simplify and automate tasks that don’t produce new business directly.
- Use effective internal (and integrated) systems.
- Use their systems consistently.
- Coach more clients, make more money, and make a far greater difference in the world.
Both types are great coaches. Since founding The Coaches Console in 2004, we have also learned that Hobbyists share the dream, but not the discipline. Business Owners are different; they take enlightened, disciplined action to make their dreams, and many more clients’ dreams, come true. It’s vital to your success to know which approach you desire and which approach you are taking each moment. Otherwise growing your business will seem like you are pushing a boulder up a hill.
It’s understandable if, as a Business Owner, you feel overwhelmed sometimes. There’s so much to learn, such an array of new skills to master. You’d be less than human to feel otherwise! Hobbyists feel that pressure too. The difference is in how they respond. Hobbyists think they need to learn every single thing, as in everything. They never will, of course, but they beat themselves up for not knowing it all, and even for having just “average” skills.
Really, the Hobbyist’s response to pressure is a kind of perfectionism: Like all forms of that Holy Grail, it’s not reachable. Not on this planet, anyway. Still, on and on the Hobbyists go, endlessly expecting what amounts to a long list of daily miracles, then blaming themselves for endlessly falling short.
Business Owners don’t attempt the impossible. Their outlook is a lot more useful, and healthier, especially on two points:
1) They’ve learned to be profoundly comfortable with the discomfort that accompanies life as an entrepreneur (it means we’re living at our edge and outside of our comfort zones).
2) They focus on their greatest strengths, and find systems, tools and experts (assistants) to help them with the things they don’t do as well. They don’t waste time trying to learn things they’ll never be good at. Instead, they “leverage their community,” surrounding themselves – from the outset — with experts and resources.
Every single part of Hobbyists’ business carries the same weight. They haven’t identified specific actions that bring new clients, business growth and income. Stress and pressure drive Hobbyists back into their comfort zone, where they keep on spending all their time and energy on the same things – the activities they know how to do and/or love to do. Business Owners, on the other hand, understand that running a business means wearing many hats, and that some actions help build your income a lot more than others. They know how to choose which hat to wear, and when.
Hobbyists know they need to market. They do learn specific strategies and try them out, here and there. But they don’t do it consistently enough, and they don’t create a system to help them market and sell. Business Owners take a different view. They know marketing is the lifeblood of a healthy, vibrant practice. To them, “marketing” is a description, just a header referring to a more specific idea that they find far more important and exciting: Marketing is a conversation. It’s a way of helping others by sharing a great tool with them. And wanting to tell them!
Business Owners think differently, choosing a “One-to-Many” mindset. That means they realize that, to double their practice, serve more clients and charge higher fees, they must leverage their relationships. So they build strong networks and partner with like-minded colleagues.
So are you a hobbyist or a business owner? The real question is: are you reaching the level of success you desire? If you are, then exactly where you are – hobbyist or business owner – is perfect. If not, take a closer look at the distinction to identify where you are and where you want to be. Then place your attention on closing that gap. As you do you will begin to have the desired impact you wish to have on this world.
Are you ready to become the Business Owner you know you can be so your business can make it’s biggest impact? If your answer is yes, we invite you to educating and equipping yourself with what it means to be a business owner. This series of videos will begin that education and provide you with immediate actions you can take today!
Try it out. You will soon know if you are a Hobbyist or a Budding Business Owner.
>> Click on the image or this link to learn more.
May 26, 2015
This just in THIS MORNING. College and Career Strategist Elizabeth Venturini ‘has the social and publicity media moves’ like Jagger. Read how a social media post delivered a win beyond her wildest dreams. Click on the link to watch the video news release.
I’ll be talking about common press release potholes to sidestep this morning at 10 a.m. Pacific for the 2015 Transformational Author Experience. Join us.
May 24, 2015
PR Beyond the Backyard, PR in Action, product publicity
Clients ask me time and time again what actually happens with their visibility, credibility, and profitability when they issue press releases. Many good things often happen, and here is a partial list of what can and often does happen for those who are serious about getting known through the power of good press in the traditional or online media.
Even if it has been a long time since you actually held a real newspaper in your hands, do not underestimate the value of having your expertise showcased online. It makes it easier for your ideal prospective clients to find you and decide at first glance that you truly are the right expert to engage to solve their urgent problems.
Note: All Images are Clickable to Make It Easy to Read or Watch the Press Releases.
- Clients who feel invisible to their ideal clients appreciate the visibility and credibility they welcome when their expertise is more easily found in a Google or other internet search engine investigation. The transformation from invisible to visible feels really empowering to experts who for one reason or another have been hiding out in obscurity for way too long.
- Sometimes, one media placement invites others to fan the flames of visibility to create a firestorm of interest in the expert being featured. For example, remember when the PBS series “Downton Abbey” was at the height of popularity? My husband — Bellevue, WA Certified Financial Planner Professional Steve Juetten — and I crafted a press release about the financial lessons inspired from the halls of Downton Abbey. That press release opened the door for follow up media placements on the PBS blog, Forbes.com, BankRate.com, and many other prestigious media outlets. This effort resulted in excellent and prestigious visibility and it also delivered 300 new opt in subscribers who were interested in the Smart Money Rules gift booklet he was offering at that time in exchange for their name and email address. Steve says a number of those new opt in subscribers subsequently decided to invest in his personal financial planning and investment management services.
- When using prREACH – a video news release service that is part of a Press Release Pizzazz done-for-you service I offer, placement reports demonstrate that 370 or more outlets run the news as presented. That is a lot of potential “eye balls” of potential clients who can make the wise choice to take the call to action noted within each release to learn more.
- Often experts will welcome speaking gigs and invitations to contribute commentary to podcasts, teleseminars, and other high profile opportunities to share their expertise with more of their ideal clients. For example, Sara Harvey Yao — an expert on executive leadership and presence — took advantage of the epic win of the Seattle Seahawks in a championship game to bring her expertise to the top of the search engines fast. When she shared the media coverage that resulted from this effort with her most important client, she was booked for two paid speaking engagements almost immediately.
- New Author Dr. Susan O’Malley was excited to share her new book with the world, yet her own author platform had not yet grown to a size where an email to her list would make a lot of noise. She took the opportunity to debut her book about working hard for success around the St. Patrick’s Day holiday to make her point that success is not to be left to chance. The visibility came at the perfect time to draw attention to a book signing event in her home town of Connecticut. And the “cool quotient” associated with the video news release also made it easy and fast to share the good news across social media.
- The World’s Leading Relationship with Money Coach Morgana Rae reached out to get press for her expertise. One of the most amusing results of that effort was that Siri — the voice of the i-phone — returns her website as the result when you ask “Who is the world’s leading relationship with money coach?” It’s hard to quantify the value of that, but when it is you who is showcased by Siri, you’ll immediately feel the impact.
- Christine Kloser has seen fit to use press releases to promote the Transformational Author Experience. Here is the release from the 2013 event. The media placements earned as a direct result of this are now proudly posted to the home page for the 5th annual event.
- Media logos from placements can be showcased visually as demonstrated by this image of yours truly. As a Facebook profile image, this clearly sets my profile apart in a credible way that reinforces my “media savvy” expertise.
- Clearly, my husband of 28 years Steve is my longest standing client. I am a huge champion for his success.
- In his business, the use of testimonials and the sharing of commissions is not allowed by the Certified Financial Planner code of ethics. His is running a business that is based squarely on trust, and building his credibility in a clean and ethical manner has always been a high priority.
- Since potential clients will search for someone with his expertise using key words such as “Bellevue, WA Fee-Only Financial Planner” or “Certified Financial Planner Professional, Bellevue, WA,” Steve has made a point of emphasizing those words on the “home page” of his website and on blog posts he writes. And, he also knows clients serious about engaging his expertise will often do an internet search of his first and last name to learn more about him.
- Since he has been issuing press releases and commenting to the media about financial planning topics for years, the credibility around his expertise is very solid. One article that ran in the Seattle Times years ago still comes up quickly in an internet search for Steve’s name because he is quoted by offering stellar advice. Time and time again, clients say, “I read your comments in the Seattle Times article, and that helped me know that you were the adviser I wanted to meet with.”
- Once Steve meets with the clients, his listening skills and gifts at enrolling clients to his services take center stage.
- In the internet marketing world, some experts elect to use press releases to reach potential clients who have not yet become part of their email subscriber communities. While this does not contribute significantly to a huge wave of new opt in subscribers in my experience, it DOES contribute a “cool quotient” and additional credibility around their expertise. For experts who have achieved a measure of meaningful success, the recognition associated with being seen in this way is hard to calculate and meaningful at a very personal level. The email notes of appreciation I have received time and time again reinforce how very true this is. While some people say business is business, experts who have worked long and hard for their success consider GETTING PRESS very personal.
- Some clients are reluctant to take center stage for whatever reason and don’t want to put themselves on video. The advantage of a video news release is that the expert’s perspectives and call to action can be highlighted, while an attractive news reader delivers the information.
- People learn in different ways. Video engages people with sight and sound, enhancing the likelihood that the message will be received and ignite some action. Video is highly relevant in today’s video crazed, “let me watch it on my i-phone” culture.
These are just the tip-of-the-iceberg results that can unfold when experts, authors, consultants, and speakers make an ongoing use of press releases — video or traditional — to build buzz about their expertise and invite visibility, credibility, and — of course — profitability.
I’ll be speaking more about press releases and the potholes to avoid during an interview Tuesday, May 26 at 10 a.m. Pacific. Join me and Christine Kloser of the 2015 Transformational Author Experience to listen in and benefit. The replay will be made available for 24 hours without fee.
May 11, 2015
Be Heard, Book Publishing, Joint Ventures
Have you dreamed of writing a book or becoming a successful published author? Do you have a valuable message that – if put in print – will help grow your business and transform more lives? If you answered yes, but don’t have your book written yet… keep reading!
There has never been a better time to write your book and become an author. The opportunities available for authors in the 21st Century are endless. Yet, the majority of entrepreneurs who say they want to write a book don’t actually do it. Why? Based on more than 900 responses to a recent survey by Transformational Book Coach, Christine Kloser, aspiring authors revealed what holds them back.
Most authors don’t know where to start or what to do first. They are overwhelmed with too much information and not enough action. Sometimes things like fear and doubt creep in. Other times, its confusion, lack of clarity or confidence that can stop an author in their tracks. Another big challenge for authors is feeling like their book has already been written… by somebody else.
Not to mention the maze of information out there about writing and publishing a book. Is it best to self-publish or try to get an agent and sell your manuscript? How important is it to build your platform? What are the first things to do to start writing your book? How can you leverage your book to grow your business? What do you do about “writer’s block?” How much will it cost to publish?
The questions facing an aspiring author can be endless and the answers are often times confusing. But, it doesn’t have to be that way. There are great people out there who want to help you write your BEST book, who are interested in your message and committed to your success.
And it’s absolutely possible to write your book in a way that is easy, joyful and fun – without wasting your precious time, money or energy going in circles. It’s also possible your book will bring about profound personal, professional, and even planetary transformation. Consider this…
Throughout history, books have played a critical role in impacting readers to create positive changes in their lives. Seeing that individual transformation impacts global transformation – it can be said the books truly do have the power to transform the world. And YOUR book can be one of those books that transforms lives forever.
So, if you’re ready to take the next step with your book (even just a little bit interested in writing a book someday) you’ll want to join me for Christine Kloser’s Transformational Author Experience®. Christine is a transformational book coach and is offering one of the best trainings I’ve ever seen for authors. Her faculty (besides me) includes New York Times Bestselling authors like Lisa Nichols, Chris Attwood and Marcia Wieder, as well as publishing industry experts like Wendy Keller (Senior Literary Agent), and Marc Allen (CEO and Publisher of Eckhart Tolle’s “Power of Now”). And that’s just the beginning of what’s in store for you at her f-r-e-e Transformational Author Experience®.
I hope you’ll take a look at what she’s put together for you and join us. It truly is a phenomenal program that has the power to transform your life if you let it…
April 29, 2015
Bye-Bye Boring Bio Success Story
Just about every quarter, I lead training to guide serious entrepreneurs to attract clients at first glance with a client attracting message. Today I share one of the Before and After bio transformations.
Allow me to proudly introduce Women’s Midlife Mentor Susan Letourneau!
Susan Letourneau is an inspiring woman with a profound gift of guiding women to transform their lives through collaborating with their inner guidance – the most insightful and intelligent mentor. Following inner guidance results in challenges being resolved, direction clarified and more joy being experienced in life. It is rare to find someone with whom people feel comfortable and safe enough to explore their inner landscapes and to experience that exploration as an adventure and treasure hunt where the treasure is a greater sense of meaning and connection with self, life and relationships. Susan has been through most of the challenges faced by her clients so, in many cases, she has found solutions through first hand experience. Her intuition and experience combined with your inner guidance create an exciting roadmap for your new life. Her sessions are full of laughter, insights and “aha” moments. She is available for one on one sessions and offers courses in dream interpretation and discovering life purpose.
Women’s Midlife Mentor Susan Letourneau
“Life after 50 can be fun, full and fascinating when you partner with your inner guidance system.”
Since 1986, Midlife Mentor Susan Letourneau has been guiding women 50 and better to transform unsettled mid-lives into magical ones filled with joy, peace and meaning. Her clients call her their trusted midlife midwife because she helps them give birth to a whole new second half of life which they love even more than the first.
One of her clients described it this way: “For so long, my life has been all about my job, husband and children. Now that I am retiring and my children have left, I can explore what feels fun and fulfilling to me, and Susan is helping me clarify what those things are!”
If you are feeling lost and would like a trusted guide to help you find joy, you’ve come to the right place. With decades of working with hundreds of women who describe the work as fun, impactful and life-changing, Susan delivers tools that will uplevel your life to joy by guiding you to partner with your inner wisdom – your most powerful ally.
If you are wondering what light might be shone on your path, begin by scheduling a complimentary “30 Minutes to Lift the Fog” phone session with Susan. The awareness and insights you will gain from this call will shine a brighter light on your current situation and help you see that much more is possible in your life than you have known. Susan offers one on one sessions in person or via Skype as well as one day “Date With Joy” intensives and longer term programs. You can also follow the yellow brick road laid out in her book “22 Steps From Jaded to Joy!” Call her at (403) 240-0352; email her at email@example.com or visit www.intentionalhealth.ca.
What Susan Says about Her Experience Getting Her Client Attracting Story Done with My Support:
“Nancy Juetten’s ‘Bye-Bye Boring Bio’ training was of tremendous benefit as it made me focus and gain clarity on how to succinctly describe what I do so others can understand. Nancy is a superb wordsmith, able to instantaneously come up with the perfect word or phrase to convey a concept, and she is also very adept at quickly grasping and articulating illusive concepts in a way that is immediately understandable. Although I consider myself to be pretty good with words, my ability pales in comparison to Nancy who is the champion!”
The Get Your Client Attracting Story Done Home Study and More Success System is a great way to get this done. Click here to learn more.
« Previous Entries