Alert the Media! June is Entrepreneurs “Do It Yourself” Marketing Month — What is Your DIY Publicity Action Plan?June 1, 2009 9:53 am Blogging Basics, Event Promotion, Local PR Success
Did you know that the Chase Annual List of Events proudly declares June to be Entrepreneurs “Do It Yourself” Marketing Month? Bloggers the world over are finding ways to bring attention to this important event at a time when it has never been more timely or relevant for business owners to roll up their sleeves, learn new skills, and make their marketing and public relations dollars work harder than ever to build the buzz and invite the right engagements to their doors.
Here are a few examples that also include sassy contests and empowering ways to get involved:
What is your action plan for June to acquire new skills, deploy new tactics, and make some noise in the marketplace on a DIY basis? If you need some helpful and timely DIY publicity suggestions and tools, I’ve got plenty brewing at Authentic Visibility to keep you in action.
- Any minute, my new “Get Over Your Fear of Blogging So You Can Build the Buzz and Grow Your Business Now” special report will be added as a NEW special bonus when you sign up to receive the fabulous and free Authentic Visibility ezine. If you are already a valued subscriber, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and I’ll gladly send the report to you by email. It’s my gift to you, and I’d be thrilled if you shared it with everyone you know who can benefit.
- Publici-Tea™ workshops are scheduled for June 12 in Portland and June 24 in Tacoma. Make your DIY publicity action plan a priority and make plans NOW to benefit from this high value workshop that consistently earns raves. Here is the link to sign up.
- By mid-month, the new “Bye-Bye Boring Bio eToolkit” will be ready to help you finally get your bio in shape on a DIY basis in a way that people beyond your mother will notice. This isn’t a thin, content-shy report that leaves you with more questions than answers. It’s a 60+ page e-workbook that dazzles with content, examples, worksheets, and resources to inspire your confidence and guide you to create a winning bio that will attract ideal clients and make you beam with pride. If you want to be among the first 20 people to PREVIEW this engaging and comprehensive toolkit that shares just about everything you need to know to create short blurb bios, speaker sheets, social networking bios, alternative format bios — including handy-dandy worksheets to make the process fun, efficient, and rewarding — send me an email at email@example.com, and I’ll tell you how you can contribute.
- Finally, make a comment here at the blog about why the Authentic Visibility Publicity eToolkit is exactly what you need to get started along your journey. The most inspiring comment will win the eToolkit as a prize. You must comment by June 5 to qualify. This is a $97 value, so think big, go deep, and comment to earn your chance to win.
- Action is the key to your success during Entreprenuers “Do It Yourself” Marketing Month — and every day. Go forth and make magic happen in the marketplace on a DIY basis. You’ll be glad that you did, and your business will be better for it.
DIY Publicity Tip: Subscribe the the Chase Annual List of Events, and use it as inspiration to find the appropriate story hook to bring your expertise into the media spotlight. With publicity, timeliness and relevance are essential recipes to be newsworthy. With some advance planning, you could find yourself in the media spotlight for taking advantage of an event opportunity you never prior knew existed.