January 30, 2014
Bye-Bye Boring Bio Success Story
To accelerate success, I am offering a new gift booklet entitled “Heal Your Boring Business Bio to Attract Clients Now – The Bio Doc Shows You How” so grab it here.
Most bio blunders can be healed fast. Here are quick tips to bring in the relief.
1) Don’t try to be all things to all people. For example, a financial planner who helps busy career professionals take care of their money so they can have more time to do what they love is going to attract more clients than the planner who says she serves everyone or no one in particular.
2) Don’t bury the lead. Don’t start with your long and winding journey to finally arrive at this work you do and then mention who you serve and how they can engage in the fourth paragraph. Lead with compelling results clients welcome first for better client attraction.
3) Put clothes on that emperor. Some business owners describe themselves in lofty terms without providing proof of their claims. Juetten says, “Specifics are terrific.” Don’t claim to be a best-selling author if you’ve only sold ten books, and seven of them are to family and friends.
4) Don’t underestimate the value of a sassy sound bite. Personality packs a punch, and it can be persuasive and powerful for attracting perfect clients. For example, ‘Investing should be like watching paint dry. If you are getting an adrenaline rush, you are doing something wrong’ is an example that will be appealing to a specific group of clients that appreciates a drama-free investment philosophy.
5) Offer a call to action. If you want your client to call to request an appointment, display the phone number on the website home page to make it easy for the client to call.
I’ve guided thousands of entrepreneurs to upgrade their bios for client attraction since the 2009 debut of my book — Bye-Bye Boring Bio. Don’t forget to grab your gift booklet here.
January 21, 2014
Business Success, Bye-Bye Boring Bio Success Story
Have you heard about the “trust building story” and why you need one?
== Maybe you have heard Lisa Nichols talk about the DIP Theory. This is when you share a story that describes your success today, tell about a low point in your career, and then finish with a high point.
== Master Workshop Trainer Callan Rush says that you need to share your humanity and expertise in your story.
And I agree. This is especially important for speakers and workshop leaders who deliver content from a stage.
And here is why a trust building story isn’t enough for entrepreneurs serious about growing their businesses now.
== If you are serious about getting known and getting paid for your credibility and talent, you also need to be ready to make life easier for your potential clients to get to the meat of the matter quickly.
== Radio, podcast and TV hosts want a short paragraph to share to set the stage for you to delight their audiences.
== Meeting planners want to know what you speak about, the audience take-away points, and how they can book you. And, you need to be able to share your speaker introduction at a moment’s notice.
== When a reporter asks for your short bio, he doesn’t want the manifesto around everything you’ve ever done in your life. He wants the facts shared in a compelling, memorable way.
When you are ready to respond to requests for your story at a moment’s notice, you make life and work easier for the INFLUENTIAL experts who are interested in you. And your story can easily be shared with huge audiences of perfect people who just might be in a hurry to do business with someone exactly like you.
That is different than sharing a trust building story. That is why a client attracting business bio matters.
Tomorrow, I want to guide you to GET THIS DONE so you show up like a “rock star” with every powerful first impression you make with clients, meeting planners, or the media. The Get YOUR Client Attracting Story Done Virtual Workshop is tomorrow, Jan. 22 from noon – 3 p.m. PST.
(After that I won’t be teaching this live again until May of 2014 and the modest price will go up.)
Go here to read about the abundant resources, tools, and templates that are included and claim your spot before it’s too late: www.byebyeboringbio.com.
Let’s get YOUR best client attracting business bio done together as you gain the confidence, clarity, and conviction to GET KNOWN in a much bigger way so you can GET PAID, too. Can’t wait!
January 20, 2014
New Year. New You.
You want more clients, speaking gigs, and media interviews.
And your bio is not telling your best most client attracting story.
Let’s solve that problem once and for all — this Wednesday, Jan. 22 from noon to 3 p.m. PST at the Get Your Client Attracting Story Done Virtual Worldwide Workshop. (And replays are provided for all who register!)
== If you love to read, visit www.byebyeboringbio.com for all the juicy details.
== And if you love to watch video, let me make that easy for you.
January 4, 2014
Event Promotion, PR in Action
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Nancy Juetten, 425-641-5214, firstname.lastname@example.org
BELLEVUE, Wash., January 4, 2013– Writing a client attracting bio can be a time-consuming challenge that keeps many self-employed business owners, authors, coaches, and speakers feeling frustrated and stuck. They want “bio pride” but continue to suffer from “bio cringe.”
“There is a story struggle and message muddle epidemic in force that needs relief now,” says Bye-Bye Boring Bio Author and Business Bio Expert Nancy Juetten. “Let the healing for boring business bios begin because ‘The Bio Doc is In.”
Juetten offers tips to make a powerful first impression with well-chosen words quickly:
- Decide what you need right now. Do you want to attract clients, media interviews, investors, or speaking engagements? Cater your message to your audience because one size bio does not suit all situations.
- Lead with the role you play that has the greatest potential to attract clients now. “Author/Speaker/Coach is a list of roles as opposed to an intoxicating message about results that a reader can’t wait to learn more about,” Juetten explains.
- Reflect on the who, the how and the wow. Who is your ideal client, what result do you bring about for them, and what’s compelling about that result that makes hiring you a no-brainer?
- Identify the specific, terrific results from your work with clients in crystal clear terms. Readers need to know that relief or compelling benefits are within their grasp with you as their service provider and be willing to invest.
- Add your personality. What quick stories or sound bites can you share? “People hire me for my head, pay me for my heart, and trust me most when I use both,” is an example from Steve Juetten, Certified Financial Planner. It sets the tone to create a relationship and invites clients to lean in to learn more,” Juetten explains.
- “Content over Cute” is a good rule of thumb. Name and claim your geography and expertise – such as ‘Fee-only financial planner, Bellevue, WA.’ Then, it easy for clients searching for that expertise to find you, call you and do business with you,” Juetten says.
Juetten offers two gifts to guide frustrated bio writers to get help to make their stories more client-attracting now:
- The Heal Your Boring Business Bio for Client Attraction Now – The Bio Doc Offers Tips and Story Makeovers to Show You How gift booklet
Juetten’s next Get Your Client Attracting Story Done Worldwide Virtual Workshop takes place January 22, 2014 from noon – 3 p.m. Pacific. This is a 3-hour working session that guides authors, experts, and speakers to get their client attracting stories done with expert help. Everyone who enrolls receives a bring-a-buddy email invitation within 24 hours. Participants receive a digital copy of Juetten’s popular Bye-Bye Boring Bio workbook, practical tools to build online and offline business buzz, and useful handouts to guide the experience and the results. They can also attend a two-hour “Bio Doc is In” follow up call on January 29, 2014 from noon – 2 p.m. Pacific to get even more expert help.
Juetten suggests, “Get together with a colleague, fellow independent business professional, or ‘storytelling buddy.’ Share the modest $197 fee for the support and resources. Together from your home or office with my support, you can collaborate and get to the essence of your best client attracting stories in time for a great 2014.”
About Business Bio Expert Nancy Juetten and Bye-Bye Boring Bio:
Since September 8, 2009, Bye-Bye Boring Bio creator and Business Bio Expert Nancy Juetten has spoken to thousands of business owners through radio interviews, teleseminars, and workshops about how to upgrade their bios to attract clients, speaking gigs, and media interviews. Satisfied clients from Boston to Florida and Austria to New Zealand report reaching more clients and inviting new engagements as a result of the bios they write with Bye-Bye Boring Bio and training as their resources of choice. To register for the January 22 virtual workshop, visit www.byebyeboringbio.com. To book Juetten to present this workshop live or by webinar for associations, conventions, and conferences or make volume purchases of Bye-Bye Boring Bio at significant savings, call 425-641-5214 or send email to email@example.com.
January 2, 2014
Article PR, Media Savvy 101
This is a repeat of a prior blog post that seems timely to welcome and inspire a prosperous and rewarding 2014. Enjoy!
The 75th Anniversary Edition of the classic film “The Wizard of Oz” brings to mind parallels from this film to the demands of getting known and getting paid for expert status.
- Never underestimate the power of a really sassy pair of shoes to boost your confidence when pitching a story or doing anything that really matters in your life.
- Thing big about what you want to accomplish, and take one joyful step at a time as you make the journey.
- It takes brains, courage, and heart to make your message stand out.
- Collaborating with a quality team can make a world of difference when making your approach.
- If you want it, you have to be willing to put up with things that get in your way, like apples, flying monkeys, witches, and sleep-inducing poppies.
- Before you make your big pitch, put your best dress on and your best face forward.
- “Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.” You have more power to make things happen in your business than you ever thought possible. You just have to look in your bag of tricks to find the right tools and resources to the get the mission accomplished. And you have to use them.
- Most of the coverage you seek that can make a powerful difference in your business can be found in your own backyard right now.
- You don’t have to fly over the rainbow to get much of what you want.
- There is no place like home. That’s where you and most of your customers live, work, and play. Start at home.
- You can make a lot of magic happen if you just click your heels together and get to work.
- Click on the images below for two powerful ways to get started today to say “Bye-Bye Boring Bio” and start along your rewarding journey to Get Known and Get Paid. And, if you would rather work ONE ON ONE with me, check out the Blast Off Package. You can save $300 when you say YES by January 7, 2014 when you apply “BlastOff300” as your coupon code.
- Happy 2014, one and all.